Zara McDermott’s brother is rumoured to be a contestant for Love Island 2022

Ummm, yes please!

Brad McDermott, who is the brother of Love Island 2018 star Zara McDermott, is reportedly set to appear in the latest season of the show in the summer of 2022. Her brother is said to be “in talks” with show bosses about potentially following in her footsteps.

Zara left the 2018 villa with Adam Collard, but the couple soon split and she moved on with Made in Chelsea star Sam Thompson. She’s now a TV presenter, and seeing her success has clearly made her brother want in, too.

Brad McDermott is rumoured to be a contestant on Love Island 2022

via Instagram @bradmcdermott_

A source told The Sun: “Brad is a young, good looking guy, and he has seen how appearing on Love Island has completely transformed Zara’s life. Though she didn’t find long-term love, it has served as a great platform for her. She also had a great time there, and he thinks it would be a great laugh.”

Brad is an artist and has 16.3k followers on Instagram. He has a link to his Soundcloud on his account, where he has shared one of his singles. He clearly gets on with Zara well, sharing a picture of them at the gym together on his Instagram.

via Instagram @bradmcdermott_

Brad McDermott is the first guy rumoured to be taking part in Love Island 2022, later this year. Last week the first rumoured contestant was revealed as 22-year-old beautician, Sophie Draper. Sophie is from Nottingham and used to date Premiership footballer Matty Cash. According to The Sun, she too has been “lined-up” for the next series of the show, and Love Island chiefs think she is the “perfect fit” after meeting with her about being part of the cast.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip, and rumours about the 2022 series – follow The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.