The Love Island 2022 start date has been ‘confirmed’

And it’s just two months away!!

The start date for Love Island 2022 has been announced and it’s in literally less than two months time.

An insider told The Sun the series will kick off on Monday 6th June and its going to be the longest series ever – 10 whole weeks.

They said: “Love Island is coming back with a bang and it will begin on the second full week in June.

“The schedules are being put together now and fans can expect a long, hot summer of fun from the villa from June 6.”

via ITV2

According to the source, filming for the series will begin next month with the contestants filming promotional material for the series.

They said: “Filming for the promotional adverts is beginning in the next couple of weeks and the ads will start in May.

“This series is going to be the longest ever and it’s from a brand new location so it’s all very exciting.”

A spokesperson for Love Island told The Sun it was “too early to confirm scheduling for the 2022 series.”

via ITV2

Laura Whitmore will be returning to the show as host after she allegedly signed a £500,000 deal to return.

And there’s already been one rumoured contestant announced. Sophie Draper is 22 years old and the former girlfriend of football player Matty Cash.

She is said to have met with the Love Island team already and they reportedly think she is a perfect fit for the show.

The series will kick off in just nine weeks. Nine weeks! I can already feel the mugging off begin.