tom parker tributes

‘Always and forever in our hearts’: The Wanted leads celebrity tributes to Tom Parker

Tom passed away yesterday aged 33

Yesterday it was announced member of The Wanted, Tom Parker, had passed away at 33 years old following a terminal brain cancer diagnosis.

Tom was diagnosed with stage four of a form of terminal brain cancer known as glioblastoma in 2020. He leaves behind his wife Kelsey and their two children Aurelia and Bodhi.

Kelsey confirmed the news of his passing yesterday with a statement on Instagram, she said: “It is with the heaviest of hearts that we confirm Tom passed away peacefully earlier today with all of his family by his side.

“Our hearts are broken. Tom was the centre of our world and we can’t imagine life without his infectious smile and energetic presence. We are truly thankful for the outpouring of love and support and ask that we all unite to ensure Tom’s light continues to shine for his beautiful children.

“Thank you to everyone who has supported in his care throughout, he fought until the very end. I’m forever proud of you.”

A number of celebrities commented on Kelsey’s post to wish her love including Rochelle Humes, Tom Fletcher and Molly-Mae Hague.

Tom passed away surrounded by his family, band members and listening to the Oasis song “Live Forever”.

Since his diagnosis Tom reunited with the members of The Wanted and they have gone on tour together and Tom released a documentary about his experience of glioblastoma.

The Wanted have posted a tribute to Tom on their official Instagram. They said: “The whole Wanted family are devastated by the tragic and premature loss of our bandmate Tom Parker, who passed away peacefully at lunchtime today surrounded by his family and his band mates.

“Tom was an amazing husband to Kelsey, and father to Aurelia and Bodhi. He was our brother, words can’t express the loss and sadness we feel. Always and forever in our hearts.”

Tom’s bandmate Siva Kaneswaran shared his own tribute to Tom on Instagram and praised his courage.

He wrote: “Hey Tom, I hope you’re having a blast up there. I am so grateful that I had a chance to witness your true courage. It has been an absolute pleasure Tommy Boy. Thank you for letting us see you light up the world. Talk to you soon and see you later. Love you brother x”

Since the announcement of his death fans and celebrities have been posting tributes to Tom.

Michelle Keegan, who was once engaged to Tom’s bandmate Max George, shared her condolences and said Tom and Kelsey were soul mates.

She said: “Absolutely heartbroken for Kelsey, his beautiful babies, family and everyone who knew Tom. What a truly special guy. Such an honour to have known him and witness first hand their love, they really are the true definition of soul mates.

“Gone far too soon, rest peacefully Tom x”

Other boyband members and fellow celebrities have all shared their condolences on Instagram and Twitter, these are just some of the tributes to Tom Parker:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ed Sheeran (@teddysphotos)