the wanted tom parker tumour

The Wanted’s Tom Parker has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour

He is already undergoing treatment

The Wanted’s Tom Parker has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour and has begun treatment in order to prolong his life.

Tom revealed the tragic news on his Instagram this morning, he said he does not want sadness for himself and his family, he instead wants to raise awareness of the illness.

He said: “Hey guys, you know that we’ve both been quiet on social media for a few weeks and it’s time to tell you why. There’s no easy way to say this but I’ve sadly been diagnosed with a Brain Tumour and I’m already undergoing treatment.

“We decided, after a lot of thought, that rather than hiding away and trying to keep it a secret, we would do one interview where we could lay out all the details and let everyone know the facts in our own way. We are all absolutely devastated but we are gonna fight this all the way.

“We don’t want your sadness, we just want love and positivity and together we will raise awareness of this terrible disease and look for all available treatment options. It’s gonna be a tough battle but with everyone’s love and support we are going to beat this. Tom and Kelsey xxx”

Tom and his wife Kelsey have one child together and are currently expecting a second baby. Tom revealed his diagnosis in an exclusive interview with OK! magazine.

Tom was diagnosed with the tumour after a series of  unexplained seizures after the couple had an inkling something was wrong in July.

He has been diagnosed with a grade four glioblastoma and is already undergoing radiotherapy and chemotherapy at King’s College Hospital in an effort to prolong his life.

Tom revealed in the interview he had phoned Jay McGuiness from The Wanted to tell him the news. Tom said Jay told Siva and Kelsey told Max who then told Nathan.

He said his bandmates were incredibly supportive and Jay had been round a number of times since the news and been reading up on what he can about the illness.

Tom and Kelsey said Tom is determined to fight the tumour and they are not giving up hope.