Francis Bourgeois Rosalía

Rosalía went trainspotting with Francis Bourgeois and we are officially living in a fever dream

The most ambitious crossover since Avengers: Endgame

All I’ve done this week is listen to the new Rosalía album Motomami, because she’s one of the greatest artists working in the music industry and its the most critically acclaimed record of the year. Don’t just take my word for it though, because national treasure Francis Bourgeois – the man who singlehandedly put trainspotting back on the chic map – has come out as a big fan. And in the case of Rosalía, the feeling is apparently mutual. Because in the most ambitious crossover event since Avengers Endgame, Rosalía went trainspotting with Francis Bourgeois at Kings Cross station.

‘Hang on a minute… Isn’t that Rosalía?’

The iconic TikTok starts out like any other Francis footage – he’s in his stylish denim ensemble saying: “I’m here at Kings Cross station to check out the Class 91s.” A stylish woman lingers in the background. Francis then switches it up with a “Hang on a minute, isn’t that Rosalía? I’m going to go and say hello to her.”

The video then flips to Francis’ trademark head cam as he politely asks “Excuse me, sorry to bother you, are you Rosalía? What are you doing here?” The Catalan queen of pop replies “What are YOU doing here?” And the two then check out the Class 91s together in a timeless pop culture meeting of minds.

The best bit about the entire situation is the complete lack of context. Why was international pop superstar Rosalía hanging around at Kings Cross station? I mean, she was there for PR purposes and to meet Francis of course, but still. So many mysteries and unexplained circumstances surrounding this meeting of minds.

Rosalía’s new album Motomami is out now – and it debuted at number one globally on Spotify. The album currently has an incredible score of 94 on Metacritic. I really sincerely hope Francis Bourgeois and Rosalía synced up their AirPods and listened to SAOKO as the train left the station. We need him to replace The Weeknd on La Fama.