All the biggest acting stars who were once in the cast of Waterloo Road

Obsessed with how young they all look

Every single part of me is shaking right now, because the school drama which shaped our generation is returning this year. And whilst some of the biggest stars of Waterloo Road have gone on to do huge things since they were causing trouble in the halls, they can always remember their Manchester classroom roots.

The show was absolute chaos. People were dying at the school every series, pupils and teachers had affairs, pupils would turn up with weapons, fight in the playgrounds and honestly, never forget the storyline where the entire school body was uprooted to Scotland on a coach and nobody said a word. A truck crashed into the students on the way up north as well, naturally.

So with the show coming back, let’s take a walk down memory lane. Here are some now huge stars who started their careers in the classrooms of Waterloo Road or once appeared in the show.

Phoebe Dynevor

via BBC

Yes, the Bridgerton Duchess herself once graced the Manchester classrooms of Waterloo Road. Waterloo Road was Phoebe Dynevor’s debut acting role, and she played Siobhan Mailey throughout 2009 and 2010. Now, she is of course best known as Daphne Bridgerton.

Lucien Laviscount

Actors who started their careers or were once in the cast of Waterloo Road

via BBC

Our very own Emily in Paris heartthrob was once the school heartthrob in the Waterloo Road corridors, even turning the heads of the teachers. He played Jonah Kirby from 2010 – 2011. Lucien was already a British TV face, having starred in Coronation Street and Grange Hill, and now he’s also been in Scream Queens, Snatch, Katy Keene and most recently played Alfie in Emily in Paris.

Jenna Coleman

via BBC

Jenna Coleman is now known for playing some very prestigious roles, but that’s a million miles away from her role as rebellious Lindsay in Waterloo Road. Jenna has since gone on to star in Victoria, Doctor Who and The Serpent.

Adam Thomas

via BBC

Adam Thomas is a Waterloo Road icon – his character Donte was an OG in the series, with Adam playing him for three years. He’s so much of an icon, it’s been announced Adam will go back to his role for the new Waterloo Road series in 2022!! Chlo and Donte are back!! Since starting out in the school drama, Adam went on to play Adam Barton in Emmerdale and was on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

Regé-Jean Page

via BBC

Ok, we know who Regé-Jean Page is now. Let’s try not to swoon just thinking about the most eligible man in history, the Duke of Hastings from Bridgerton. But, he needs to remember his roots – in 2015 Regé-Jean Page played teacher Guy Braxton in Waterloo Road.

Tom Payne

via BBC

Tom Payne played Brett in Waterloo Road from 2007 to 2008. Since then, he’s starred in Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day and HBO’s Luck . His biggest roles to date have been in The Walking Dead and as Malcolm Bright in Prodigal Son.

Linzey Cocker

via BBC

Jess, played by Linzey Cocker, was known in Waterloo Road for causing trouble and most notably, sleeping with one of her teachers. She was the headmaster’s daughter, and Linzey played the role for two series. Linzey has gone onto huge things since Waterloo Road. For a start, she is Josie from Wild Child!! Linzey also played Sam Swan in a BBC comedy White Gold and Marie in Our Girl.

Chelsee Healey

via BBC

Chelsee Healey is another one of the Waterloo Road stars who has become an icon of the series. She played Janeece Bryant from 2006 to 2012, first as a pupil and then she returned as the school secretary, classic. Chelsee has since gone on to play Honey Wright in Casualty and Goldie McQueen in Hollyoaks.

Zaraah Abrahams

via BBC

Zaraah played another Waterloo Road villian, Michaela White. She went on to play Joanne Jackson in Coronation Street from 2005 to 2007 and also starred in Girls in Love and went on Dancing On Ice. Right now, she is playing Chelsea Fox in EastEnders.

Lucy Dixon

via BBC

Lucy Dixon played Danielle Harker, who was Aleesha Dillon’s best friend. The pair considered themselves the Paris and Nicole of the school halls. She appeared in Waterloo Road for three series of the show. After her role in Waterloo Road, actress Lucy Dixon joined Hollyoaks as Tilly Evans. Most recently Lucy played a friend of Curtis’ in Coronation Street.

Rebecca Ryan

via BBC

Rebecca Ryan had already had a fair few notable roles before Waterloo Road, but you might recognise her face as pupil Vicki MacDonald, a role she played for two years. Rebecca is now playing Lydia in Coronation Street.