Sienna Mae Gomez Jack Wright, Hype House, Sienna Mae Gomez blog post, Sienna Mae Gomez and Jack Wright drama explained

Everything Sienna Mae Gomez said in her statement denying Jack Wright’s allegations

Sienna has lost over 700,000 TikTok followers since Friday

Trigger warning: This article contains discussions of sexual assault.

After eight months of speculation, last week TikTok and Hype House star Jack Wright released a 17-minute long video about his alleged experience with Sienna Mae Gomez. Since releasing his video last week, Sienna Mae Gomez has lost over 700,000 TikTok followers and over 62,000 Instagram followers in the last four days. Yesterday, Sienna released an apology in the form of a blog post with pictures of her and Jack. In the post she discusses and denies the claims Jack made in his YouTube video and addresses why she didn’t feature in Netflix’s Hype House series despite being one of the leading roles.

Here’s everything that Sienna Mae Gomez says in her blog post, ‘Reflections from an 18-Year-Old Me’:

Sienna Mae Gomez says she’s been fighting for ‘eight long gruelling months’

In her post about Jack Wright’s alleged claims against her, Sienna Mae Gomez starts by saying: “For eight long months I’ve been fighting to save friendships, to save business relationships, to save my own mental health.” And up until this week, when Jack Wright posted his 17-minute video about his alleged experiences with Sienna, she was “proud” of the progress she had made since the allegations first surfaced in May 2021.

Her legal team has issued a letter to Jack threatening a lawsuit

Following on from what Jack Wright alleged in his video, Sienna Mae Gomez said: “my legal team sent his legal team a letter threatening a lawsuit for defaming my character because that “is the best next step to clear your name.” I’m sure it’s all hitting the media now.” The legal action came after an initial statement which was released by her publicists in response to Jack’s video.

The publicists’ statement said: “Unfortunately, Jack Wright continues his campaign to slander Sienna Mae Gomez with further false accusations. His latest falsehoods in the highly edited video show that once again Jack is making calculated action to hinder, hurt and harm not only Sienna’s reputation and livelihood, but her as an individual human being as well. Sienna unequivocally denies these accusations.”

You can read the full statement here.

‘We instantly connected. He was my person.’

Sienna Mae Gomez then goes on to talk about how her and Jack Wright became friends and how she wound up in the Hype House. Under a header titled “The beginning of ‘Jack & Sienna'” she says she was just 16 when her first TikTok video went viral and then her content kept on continuing to blow up. She asked her hometown friend, James Wright, to do her first big interview with her in Los Angeles. However he was out of town so asked his twin brother, Jack Wright, to go instead. Sienna says: “From that day on, my life would never be the same.”

Jack Wright introduced Sienna Mae Gomez to his friends in LA, she says: “We instantly connected. He was my person. We got each other home safely after parties. We had each other’s backs. People noticed a spark between us and our videos together went viral. Suddenly we were America’s favourite teenage ‘ship’ and it all happened so fast that neither of us really knew what it meant.”

Sienna continues to say the pair were thrown into a “crazy, exciting relationship because the public demanded it.” If they went a few days without featuring the other person in their videos then the press would run breakup speculation stories. And according to Sienna, “somewhere along the way, and in a very confusing state of not knowing what was fake and what was real, I started to fall in love with him.”

Sienna was originally asked to be a leading role in Hype House

When talking about her experience of the Hype House in her blog, Sienna says: “I got a call from the producers of the Hype House show asking me to be one of the featured influencers headlining the series. They also told me they didn’t plan to have Jack in a lead role. To me, that felt wrong. He was the one who introduced me to all those people and I wasn’t even an official member of the Hype House.” She continues to say how Thomas Petrou asked her to join but her parents didn’t allow it. But she agreed to be on the show only if Jack was given a lead role too and the producers agreed.

They filmed for Hype House between February and April 2021. They even filmed both Jack and Sienna in their hometowns including Hawaii. Sienna says filming for the series was a lot of fun but the producers and other Hype House members continued to pressure them to define themselves and their relationship which the pair had previously “agreed not to put a label on”.

Sienna said one of the major storylines of the show was uncovering the “truth” about her relationship with Jack. She says the more the producers pressed her on camera, the more emotional she got because she wasn’t sure herself whether she was friends or something more with Jack. She said: “We would agree to be just friends and then he would gift me expensive or even matching jewellery or plan elaborate outings. We would talk in a quiet place and say we were just friends and then the next day be making out with each other for the cameras. I didn’t know what was being set up by producers and if it was real or fake. I told him I loved him and he said he loved me too. I would ask if he wanted to be more than friends and he would say, ‘not yet.’ Rejection isn’t comfortable, but it’s honest. The show had to go on so I kind of just went with it.”

‘He liked me when he needed me for a video or for work, but he didn’t like me otherwise’

Sienna says it took for all of the producers to go away before she realised he only liked her when content needed to be made. She claims she asked him to make a video with her explaining they’re just friends and if he didn’t have feelings for her then she wanted to make sure all of their fans knew what was really going on. Sienna says he told her they had “brand partnerships riding on” their fake relationship and it wasn’t fair to him to come clean. Sienna writes: “I couldn’t believe that someone who I had created with, laughed with, and cried with could so easily disregard my feelings for the sake of money. He apologised and I appreciated that, but I needed time away from him and our public persona to think and heal.”

Then Sienna says she went home to take time away from Jack and his family. Apparently she received multiple texts from Jack’s twin, James, asking why she wasn’t responding. According to Sienna, two weeks later, James and Jack started posting Instagram stories “targeted” at her and one day later their friend Mason posted a tweet implying Sienna “physically and mentally abused Jack.” She continued to say a few days later, their friend Lachlan released a video taken from a November 2020 party showing Jack and Sienna kissing. She says: “To be clear, James took the video as a joke on his Snapchat seven months earlier and they decided to resurface it. I would like to think that neither Mason nor James realised the impact that their tweets and the taken-out-of-context-video would have. Though they took it all down, it really didn’t matter. The damage had been done.”

‘I went from being one of the most loved girls on the internet to one of the most hated’

Sienna says after the video came out, her “character became a topic of public opinion” and she lost friends, brand deals and her reputation was damaged. She continues to say how she “went from being one of the most loved girls on the internet to one of the most hated. I went quiet. I lost my will to live and had to be saved.”

She reveals her team has to ask the Hype House Netflix producers to remove her from the show entirely, so she didn’t have to “re-live the online bullying in light of the crazy ‘Team Jack’ and ‘Team Sienna’ sentiment online as they knew people would pick apart every interaction between us.” According to Sienna, Netflix also didn’t want to be “liable” for her mental health, hence why she wasn’t in the show.

‘I’m devastated Jack made me sound crazy’

Sienna says she is still in love with Jack and she’s “devastated” he made her sound crazy and twisted so many things out of context in his most recent video. She also claims Jack painted her into the “‘loud’, ‘crazy’ and ‘overly sexualised’ stereotype that people try to use on young, especially Latina, women.”

Sienna claims she never broke into Jack’s house. She also states how she “never stalked him”, “never sat outside his house in the middle of the night” and states all she and Jack ever did was kiss. She says: “I have never seen, felt or touched him naked. We spent several nights at the Hype House together but I never grabbed him asleep or awake. Yet I’m being called a ‘rapist’ across the internet by those who don’t understand the meaning of the word.”

Sienna apologises to sexual assault survivors who she’s offended

When discussing how the rumours first surfaced back in 2021, Sienna says: “I’m not proud of how I responded and want to apologise to sexual assault survivors who I offended with my ignorance in responding to these false allegations.”

She made two YouTube videos when rumours first surfaced and says “they were made hastily without oversight from anyone but my brother and me.” Sienna also believes: “I have since learned a lot about sexual assault and the psychological trauma responses victims of sexual assault may develop as a result of abuse. I learned what Stockholm syndrome and trauma bonds are and am grateful to have had the opportunity to learn so that I can be a better ally to victims of sexual assault.”

Sienna then continues to discuss the importance of consent. She says how the last thing she would ever want to do is breach someone’s boundaries and as a result she has become very aware of how she interacts with other people.

‘Jack, if you are reading this: I apologise if there were times that I made you feel uncomfortable’

Toward the end of her blog post, Sienna writes a paragraph addressed to Jack where she apologises for ever making him feel uncomfortable. She says: “I am sorry if anything I ever did triggered other things you have experienced or any feelings of discomfort. But anything I did, I did unknowingly, as our physical relationship on camera was one of closeness and familiarity that I had known to carry into our ‘real’ lives. That said, there is a distinct line between that and sexual assault. I’m so sad that this is where we ended up, and even more so that I’m now being used in a new and even more hurtful way.”

‘I want this madness to end’

Sienna ends her post with saying how she wishes she had more time to appreciate life before fame. She also repeats how there has been “no police, no investigations, and no legal action other than mine since this all began.”

She then thanks her community of supporters for helping her in such a “dark time”.

You can read Sienna Mae Gomez’s full blog post here.