Hype House reviews

Hype House is out and it’s being ripped to shreds by reviews saying it’s ‘terrible’ and ‘sad’

‘Hype House and other content houses must die’

Netflix has recently dropped it’s new reality series Hype House and the reviews aren’t good. The show is about a house in LA full of some of TikTok’s most famous content creators so you’d expect it to be fun, high energy and wild but it’s actually been slammed by loads of places and even called “depressing”. So let’s take a dive into Hype House and its savage reviews.

Naturally, we’d all expect the show to be crazy and fun, because that’s what we see on the Hype House TikTok account, right? Well that’s not the case for the actual series and loads of reviews are all saying the same thing about how the show shows the negative side of TikTok fame.

Hype House promised getting a look inside social media’s most talked about stars

The Netflix synopsis of the series reads: “Get an inside look at social media’s most talked-about stars as they navigate love, fame and friendship while creating content and living together.”

Reviews of Hype House call the series ‘”depressing”, “terrible” and “really super boring”. One person on Rotten Tomatoes claimed the series “lacks any form of substance” and the cast is “just a bunch a spoilt brats complaining about fame”.

The Guardian says the Hype House series “shows the depressing side of TikTok fame” and says “no one appears to be having a good time” as the members are constantly “stressed out by the prospect of getting canceled and the lashings of toxic fans”. The review adds, “It is perhaps best described as a work-from-home reality show whose drama basically boils down to threatened income.”

Buzzfeed claims the series is actually quite “sad” and “it’s almost like the show was made with the explicit purpose of convincing teenagers it sucks to be social media famous.” Again, like The Guardian, the Buzzfeed review says no one appears to be enjoying themselves whilst in the house.

Vox say “Netflix’s new Hype House series is a morbid tale of what happens when your 15 minutes of fame is up” and that being a member of the Hype House now is “most an embarrassment”. At the end of the review, it says: “If there’s a single takeaway from this show, it’s that the Hype House – and perhaps content houses altogether – must die”.

Hype House is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.