Drag Race youngest queens

Rounding up of the youngest ever queens to compete on RuPaul’s Drag Race

When Krystal Versace was 19 she won Drag Race, when I was 19 I was a mess x

Considering the show is widely declared as “The Olympics of drag”, getting cast on RuPaul’s Drag Race at a young age is an achievement in itself. You’re competing against the absolute best of the best, including seasoned queens where some of them have been in the game for 20 years. Here’s a round up of the youngest ever competing queens from RuPaul’s Drag Race who are really showing up to prove that the next generation are going to push drag into the future like never before:

Violet Chachki – 22

Violet Chachki beat Pearl and Ginger Minj to the crown on season seven of RuPaul’s Drag Race, and at that point was the second youngest ever winner in Drag Race herstory and received acclaim for succeeding as the new generation of drag.

Max – 22

Drag Race youngest queens

Competing against Violet on season seven, and despite a maturity and taste level that favoured vintage Old Hollywood, Max also was 22 at the time of competing.

Aja – 22

“You’re perfect, you’re beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista” – Aja didn’t hit her stride on Drag Race until her All Stars 3 return, but back on her run on season nine she was only 22 when she competed.

Tyra Sanchez – 21

Tyra Sanchez won season two aged 21 and became not only one of the youngest ever queens on Drag Race, but the youngest ever winner at that time.

Aquaria – 21

Drag Race youngest queens

Equalising with Tyra Sanchez as the youngest ever queen to win the show at the time, Aquaria also snatched the crown at 21 and never placed in the bottom two the whole time she was competing.

Naomi Smalls – 21

When Naomi Smalls made it to the top three back on season eight, she was only 21 years old.

Gothy Kendoll – 21

When Gothy Kendoll became the first ever queen in UK history to get eliminated from Drag Race, she was one of the youngest ever queens to do so at just 21 years old.

Gigi Goode – 21

Gigi Goode came extremely close to snatching the season 12 crown in 2020, and would have joined the youngest ever winners circle of Drag Race queens.

Ellie Diamond – 21

When Ellie Diamond made it to top four of Drag Race UK season two earlier in 2021, she was the youngest queen competing that year, aged 21.

Other RuPaul’s Drag Race queens who’ve competed on the show at 21 are Tatianna (season two), Kenya Michaels and LaShauwn Beyond (season four), Serena Cha Cha (season five), Trinity K Bonet (season six), Jorgeous (season 14) and Kyne (Canada’s Drag Race season one).

Scaredy Kat – 19

Drag Race youngest queens

In season one of Drag Race UK, Scaredy Kat was the youngest ever competing queen at 19 even if she did depart the competition on week two.

Anubis – 19

Anubis on season three of Drag Race UK joined the group of youngest ever queens to compete on the show, and even though she went home first she absolutely slayed.

Krystal Versace – 19

Drag Race youngest queens

Krystal Versace became the youngest ever winner of any series of RuPaul’s Drag Race when she won the crown of season three in November 2021 – an amazing feat for a herstory making amazing queen

Catch up on Drag Race UK now on BBC iPlayer. For all the latest Drag Race memes and Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.

Recommended stories by this writer:

• It’s time! Meet the new queens cast on season 14 of RuPaul’s Drag Race

• ‘Amazing, incredible, overwhelming’: Krystal Versace on winning Drag Race UK season three

• Ella, Kitty and Krystal tell us all about life in the top three of Drag Race UK