It’s time! Meet the new queens cast on season 14 of RuPaul’s Drag Race

It starts on January 7th, and the cast includes a straight man for the first time

At this point, RuPaul’s Drag Race is in the same world as Corrie and Eastenders as a constant in our life that we know we’ll be watching every week. Somewhere around the world a series is airing, you can pretty much always get your Drag Race fix no matter what. With Drag Race UK ending last week and Canada’s Drag Race approaching its final – its time to swing back to Mama Ru stateside edition because the cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race season 14 are here and ready for 22. And for the first time ever, one of the competing queens is a cisgender, straight male…

Alyssa Hunter

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

Alyssa Hunter is a Puerto Rican queen who worked her way up through the pageant scene, becoming a runway coach herself. She describes her runway walk as like Naomi Campbell’s, and says she goes from spooky drag to beautiful looks easily and is very versatile.

Angeria Paris Vanmichaels

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

Atlanta queen Angeria is good pals with Drag Race icon Silky Nutmeg Ganache, and describes herself as classic drag done impeccably. Talking to EW, she said: “You’re going to see some big drag, you’re going to see some good drag, you’re going to get the antics; baby, I’m going to yell, I’m going to roll on the floor!”

Bosco

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

Impeccable make up is what defines Seattle queen Bosco, as well as the fact she’s known for being a nude exhibitionist in her club performances. She has said she’s always the most attracted to the monsters in the stories and that inspires her drag. On the kind of chaos we might expect from Bosco’s performances, she told Entertainment Weekly: “I have a number where I like to give birth on stage, where my water breaks all over bar patrons; they either hate it or they’re obsessed. It’s really fun. I have a 20-foot umbilical cord that comes with it, and my friend takes the baby and walks out the door of the club.”

Daya Betty

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

Hailing from Springfield, Missouri – Daya Betty (iconic name) has said that her shows are so intense that they might “make you cry”. Sorry, but sign me up. Chaotic drag is on the cards, which is even more thrilling knowing that Crystal Methyd helped Daya Betty start out in drag.

Deja Skye

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

Californian queen Deja Skye has been doing drag for 10 years and is definitely a force to be reckoned with.  She’s here to rep it for the big girls, and loves her body. Also, a dad joke connoisseur, telling EW: “I do the best dad jokes in the world. The girls say I’m the mom with the dad jokes.”

Jasmine Kennedie

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

The self described “backflipping bimbo” of the Drag Race season 14 cast, Jasmine Kennedie is a flipping, splitting, tricking queen from New York. She says she’s struggled to find her place and identity in the drag lane but describes herself as well rounded.

Jorgeous

Drag Race season 14 cast

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

Texan queen Jorgeous (pronounced with the hard J despite the name Jorge out of drag) is beauty personified in or out of drag. She describes herself as the dancer of the season and got her skills by analysing Britney Spears music videos growing up – ICONIC.

June Jamabalaya

Drag Race season 14 cast

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

If you want drama, you’re getting it with Southern queen June, who describes herself as “The Real Housewife of Drag”. Along with her love of reality TV, June has been studying performing arts since she was four years old and has perfected her drag very seriously. She’s coming for the crown!

Kerri Colby

Drag Race season 14 cast

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

Los Angeles resident Kerri Colby is one of two openly trans women competing in the cast of Drag Race season 14, and says that even now she’s still getting used to herself and her beauty. Talking to EW, she said: “I couldn’t say I would’ve found myself as the woman I am today without drag. It’s quite literally my oxygen, my life supply, everything I’ve ever been through. My way of coping was taking it off, getting glammed up, putting on that persona, that superwoman I always wanted to be. It was an escape. I didn’t like who I was, I didn’t feel comfortable with who I was, but when I’d put my Kerri on, I’d feel so much more comfortable dealing with the world, so much stronger, like a person who wasn’t ridiculed or excluded.”

Kornbread ‘The Snack’ Jeté

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

Kornbread the Snack has a reputation for whipping up food with cooking utensils in the middle of her drag shows, which makes her the winner already in my book. “Whatever Kornbread is cooking, you’re ordering one of everything,” she told EW in the queens’ first interviews.

Lady Camden

Drag Race season 14 cast

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

Lady Camden is following in Charlie Hides’ footsteps and is a British queen competing over on American Drag Race, joining the cast of season 14. She’s performed ballet in front of the Queen and Prince Charles on two separate occasions?! Insane. She originally moved to Sacramento but now lives in San Francisco.

Maddy Morphosis

Drag Race season 14 cast

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

Let’s get it out of the way now: Maddy Morphosis is the first ever straight, cisgender male to compete on RuPaul’s Drag Race. It’s something that’s divisive and a lot of people have opinions on that will surely be explained over the next month. But about Maddy: she says she’s “privileged” to be here in the community and hopes her comedic edge to her drag will win people over.

Orion Story

Drag Race season 14 cast

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

Michigan queen Orion Story was auditioning for Drag Race for the first time when she bagged her spot in the cast, which is pretty legendary. On her chaotic drag, Orion told EW: “I always try to mix it up. I don’t want people to get too comfortable with expecting what they’re going to see,” she finishes. “There are so many things we always limit ourselves on. We say, ‘that’s not my drag,’ ‘that’s not my brand,’ but the important thing we need to think about is: what else can we do? Even before drag, my entire life I’ve tried to step outside of my comfort zone. Once you start getting in the habit of doing that, you’re not really scared of anything anymore. Everything is on the table. I don’t have anything to hide!”

Willow Pill

Drag Race season 14 cast

Via VH1 / World of Wonder

Describing her drag as “cute, psychedelic and angelic whore”, Willow Pill’s life as a performer is difficult due to her chronic illness that she’s suffered with since childhood. Willow is really close to season 11 winner Yvie Oddly, with the two working together a lot and relating on doing drag with a serious illness that makes things more difficult. Her looks are a GAG.

RuPaul’s Drag Race season 14 premieres in the UK exclusively on Wow Presents Plus, the streamer of all things drag. Seasons one to 13 are available to stream on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

Featured image courtesy of VH1 and World of Wonder.

Recommended stories by this writer:

• I picked my Euro 2020 England squad exclusively using Drag Race UK queens

These are the most chaotic looks from every season of RuPaul’s Drag Race

Quiz: What legendary All Stars 6 queen are you really?