We’re hiring a Social Editor

The Tab is looking for someone who lives for TikTok, Instagram and social media trends

We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Social Editor to join our editorial team.

As Social Editor for The Tab, you are responsible for ensuring we reach millions of young people every day in creative and exciting ways, driving the company towards its goal of being a highly influential youth media brand. 

The Social Editor is one of the most important members of the team; and instrumental in growing our audience, reach and influence among the 18-25 demographic. You will be showcasing the Tab’s best editorial content to as many young people as possible.

We are looking for someone who lives for TikTok and Instagram, and who is obsessed with memes and internet trends. You will be tasked with amplifying our stories every day, and coming up with creative ways to amuse and engage the audience. You’ll be responsible for aggressively growing our views and social accounts in genius ways. 

This is a great opportunity to be a part of a young, sociable and hardworking editorial team.

Key responsibilities:

– Sourcing and posting extremely relevant memes and videos for our audience

– Aggressively growing our TikTok and Instagram accounts

– Spotting social trends and using them in our social activity

– Making videos

– Scheduling all stories on Facebook

– Writing as part of the editorial team for our national site thetab.com when required

You must have:

– A degree and 2.1 from a UK university

– A strong passion for TikTok and Instagram

– A genuine dedication to social media and youth trends

– Proficiency in Photoshop and Premiere Pro or similar video editing tools is desired

– Have a natural flair for writing fun and engaging stories – as demonstrated by having published at least three stories in The Tab, or in a similar outlet

– The confidence to appear on camera when required

– Big ambitions and a growth mindset

After a year in this role, you will have:

– Been fundamental in the growth of The Tab’s social followers and likes

– Created impressive social content which reached thousands of The Tab followers

You will get:

– 25 days holiday a year

– Flexible office working

– 24/7 access to doctors via the private WeCare app – for your physical or mental health

– Salary dependent on experience

– Company MacBook

To apply:

– Email your CV and 3 reasons (with examples) as to why you should get this job to [email protected]

– Based on your understanding of The Tab’s editorial and current trends, pitch a video idea The Tab’s TikTok which you think would go viral

– Using your knowledge of The Tab’s editorial, pitch one light-hearted and engaging story for thetab.com – it should be relevant at the time of your application. Please include a suggested headline and a brief synopsis