You’ll need to have two doses of the vaccine to go clubbing from October, says minister

But what if I want to pull an anti-vaxxer?

People won’t be allowed into nightclubs from October without having had two doses of the Covid vaccine, a minister has said.

Vaccine deployment minister Nadhim Zahawi confirmed the news in the House of Commons, saying: “By the end of September, everyone of the age of 18 and over will have the chance to receive full vaccination and the additional two weeks for that protection to really take hold.

“So at that point, we plan to make full vaccination a condition of entry to nightclubs and other venues where large crowds gather.”

Clubs opened last night for the first time in 17 months, with unmasked clubbers able to experience a stranger’s armpit for the first time since March 2020.

Zahawi added that: “Proof of a negative test will no longer be sufficient,” and said the government could mandate the use of the NHS Covid pass “if necessary”.