addison rae ufc

Explained: Okay so, what actually happened with Addison Rae at the UFC wrestling match?

This whole situation is so chaotic loool

TikTok star Addison Rae has recently come under fire after joking she was hired as UFC sports correspondent on Twitter. She alleged she was fired from her new role following the backlash she got to her tweet which claimed a mere three months studying journalism at uni landed her the job.

The 20-year-old TikTokker shared these photos of herself at an event for the UFC wrestling match between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor in Las Vagas. She’s stood in a yellow dress holding a UFC branded microphone. Addison captioned the photos on Twitter as: “I studied broadcast journalism in college for three whole months to prepare for this moment.”

Addison’s tweet made reference to the time she spent at Louisiana State University studying sports journalism before she dropped out to pursue her career in social media. She further implied she was working with UFC by sharing this Instagram post including this mirror gym selfies wearing a UFC gym kit:

addison rae ufc

via Instagram @addisonraee

Addison has been receiving backlash for joking about having a new sports correspondent role

Addison Rae’s UFC tweet immediately drew backlash from users on Twitter claiming she was being “disrespectful to all the people who go to college and work their asses off for jobs like this” and fail to secure one because her fame makes her more qualified than actual sports journalists.

Another Twitter user claimed Addison was “belittling” the effort journalists put in.

Someone else claimed Addison was “stealing jobs from those more deserving”:

Another person said Addison was being “tone deaf” when she sent out her original tweet:

UFC has responded to Addison Rae’s UFC joke tweet

Someone told E! News Addison did one social event for UFC where she interviewed Dustin Poirier because they’re from the same town. They said: “She’s not, nor was she ever, a correspondent” and UFC never had any plans for her to have any further official responsibilities.

Following the backlash, Addison quote tweeted her original tweet claiming the backlash for her fired for a job she never actually had:

In response to Addison sharing the news she was fired, someone on Twitter pointed out the fact you cannot get fired from a job you never had in the first place:

Another Twitter user claimed Addison’s three months at university doesn’t mean you’re qualified for anything. They said: “Maybe spend more time studying broadcasting and shit like other people who worked for their place and see if you ‘qualify’.”

The Tab has contacted UFC for a comment regarding Addison Rae’s recent claims she was employed by the company as a sports correspondent.