chrissy teigen apology

Chrissy Teigen has apologised as new allegations of bullying surface

She’d said ‘I was a troll’, and claimed that apologising to people is like ‘my own version of that show My Name is Earl!’

Chrissy Teigen has apologised, admitting “I was a troll, full stop”, after she was accused of bullying by model Courtney Stodden.

Teigen left Twitter for the second time after the allegations – namely that she harassed Stodden and told her to “go to sleep forever”.

In the apology, Teigen compared the amount of apologising she had to do as like “my own version of that show My Name is Earl”, and said “I’m truly ashamed” of her old tweets.

New allegations of bullying have now also emerged, with fashion designer Michael Costello sharing screenshots of Teigen allegedly telling him “racist people like you deserve to suffer and die.”

Costello said: “I wanted to kill myself and I am still traumatized, depressed and have thoughts of suicide.”

Courtney Stodden alleged Teigen told them to ‘go to sleep forever’

In March, after Teigen left Twitter the first time, former Celebrity Big Brother star Courtney Stodden called her “Hypocrisy Teigen”, and revealed in a video they had “experienced so much harassment and bullying from her”.

In one set of screenshots, Teigen tweeted that Stodden should “go to sleep forever”. Stodden also alleged Teigen privately DM’d them “things like ‘I can’t wait for you to die’.”

While she had posted an initial apology – saying “not a lot of people are lucky enough to be held accountable for all their past bullshit in front of the entire world” – following the Stodden accusations, Teigen had remained quiet in the month since.

Now there is a new, lengthy Chrissy Teigen apology

But in an unbelievably relatable post on medium, posted yesterday, Teigen wrote: “Hi all. It has been a VERY humbling few weeks.”

The Chrissy Teigen apology post continued: “As you know, a bunch of my old awful (awful, awful) tweets resurfaced. I’m truly ashamed of them. As I look at them and understand the hurt they caused, I have to stop and wonder: How could I have done that?”

Comparing the ordeal of apologising people to My Name is Earl, Teigen wrote: “I’ve apologized publicly to one person, but there are others — and more than just a few — who I need to say I’m sorry to. I’m in the process of privately reaching out to the people I insulted. It’s like my own version of that show My Name is Earl!”

She added: “The truth is, I’m no longer the person who wrote those horrible things. I grew up, got therapy, got married, had kids, got more therapy, experienced loss and pain, got more therapy and experienced more life.

“AND GOT MORE THERAPY.”

More allegations against Teigen have come out

Fashion designer Michael Costello – who has starred in Project Runway – also has alleged that Teigen bullied him.

He claims that she attacked him in 2014 over a “photoshopped comment floating around the internet which has now been proven to be false by Instagram.”

Costello shared screenshots of Teigen allegedly telling him “you will get what’s coming to you”, and “racist people like you deserve to suffer and die. You might as well be dead.”

In an Instagram post, Costello said the impact of Teigen’s messages meant that “I just could not escape the false narrative”, and had considered taking his life as recently as last week.

“As a result of what Chrissy Teigen did to me in 2014, I am not okay”.