anti-vax celebrities

Anti-vax celebrities: These are the celebs who say they’re refusing the vaccine

Seems sensible 🙄

The majority of the world is excited about the prospect of a coronavirus vaccine. Last week young people ran to get jabbed in Twickenham Stadium, Instagram is full of post vaccine selfies and sharing of vaccine certificates. But not everyone is on board with the idea of vaccines.  A number of celebs, the anti-vax celebrities if you will, have spoken out and said they will refuse the vaccine.

The celebrity anti-vaxxers include ex TOWIE stars, Love Islanders and Gigi Hadid’s brother. They have all shared their reasons for refusing the vaccine with some claiming it is “dangerous” or it is in an “experimental stage” .

Four vaccines have already been approved for use in the UK including AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna and Janssen which will available later this year. Now over 40 per cent of the UK population has been fully vaccinated against the virus.

However that’s clearly not enough for these celebs who will not be getting the vaccine:

Dan Osborne

via Instagram @danosborneofficial

Dan Osborne is the latest celeb to speak out about the vaccine. Over the weekend on his Instagram Dan said he won’t put “that shit” in himself or his children.

He filmed himself speaking about the vaccine, claiming it’s all about “money” and people should do their research.

He said: “I’ve said it from day one. People are going to have a go at me, but the whole thing is about money. The whole damn thing.

“I’ve had hundreds, maybe thousands of messages about kids getting the vaccination. Personally that shit isn’t even going in me – never mind my kids.

“People do your research, it’s not good. That’s just my opinion, it’s my Instagram I should be able to say what I want.”

via Instagram @danosborneofficial

After sharing his opinion Dan followed up his thoughts the next day and said he was worried people would “jump him”.

He said: “I can’t take this. You lot are making me nervous. I’ve had so many messages from people going mad at me for talking bad about the vaccine.

“You lot are crazy. It’s my opinion, chill. It’s not dangerous enough to be forcing an injection on the world. That to me is suspect. Can we talk about something else now. I ain’t looking to get jumped by the Covid fucking army.”

Alexandra Cane

via Instagram @alexandralouise_

Ex Love Islander Alexandra Cane expressed her anti-vax views on Instagram last week. In a statement she said she would not be getting the vaccine as it was still “in the experimental stages”.

She said: “I personally will not be getting it as it is very much in the experimental stages and I have no idea of the after effects.

“I am a sovereign being who has the basic human right of deciding what I believe is best for my body. I choose not to inject something that I have not much information of, nor do I wish to follow suit because others are.”

Some scientists have spoken out about her claim and dismissed it. Professor Stephan Lewandowsky from the University of Bristol said: “Celebrities are entitled to their opinions, but they must also exercise that entitlement responsibly.

“In this case, the claims are irresponsible because they are false and misleading.”

Offset

via Instagram @offsetyrn

Offset is yet another celebrity refusing the COVID vaccine. When asked by TMZ if he would take it in December last year, he said no as he doesn’t trust it.

The reason behind his skepticism stems from his belief of a lack of trust between the black community and medical professionals.

He said: “A lot of the government shit, I don’t be thinking it’s for us.”

Anwar Hadid

via Instagram @dualipa

Dua Lipa’s boyfriend and the younger brother of Bella and Gigi Hadid, Anwar, has spoken about his suspicion of the COVID vaccine.

In December last year, Anwar replied to someone on Instagram who asked him if he would take the vaccine. He said quite simply “absolutely not”.

Another user then asked him why he was against the vaccine. He said he would rely on his antibodies if he were to get the virus.

He wrote: “Either I just don’t get or I get it and god willing heal from it and get antibodies rather than do that process unnaturally. Our bodies are made by the creator to do way more than we think.”

After experiencing a load of backlash for his comments, Anwar went onto clarify he is not “anti-vax” and he thinks everyone should look at vaccines carefully.

He said: “I’m not ‘anti-vax’. I think everyone has to be careful with each vaccine individually looking at positive and possible negative effects.

“I have taken vaccines before but as someone who has had a compromised immune system I want to continue to learn about the many ways I can protect myself and others.

“I never meant to offend anyone with my words and I am so grateful for all the frontline workers and doctors and the powerful work they have done during this time. I’m listening and I’m all about the conversation.

“My response was not to make a stance it was honestly just a thought, but I can’t expect you all to know where my heat and head is at and that’s where I went wrong, I will be more aware.”

Lauren Goodger

via Instagram @laurengoodger

Lauren Goodger is another reality star to join the anti-vax brigade. Back in January Lauren said she wouldn’t be getting the vaccine as she is terrified of medicine.

She said: “I am more scared of the vaccine than I am of the virus. I will start imagining that I am dying. I am terrified. I don’t like taking medicine. I don’t like taking antibiotics.

“OK, I do do aesthetics and even now I am still nervous of that – I am like that in general. Even with a facial I want to know what is in it. That is my anxiety over the years.”

Lauren also followed up her comments by saying coronavirus was like a cold and she isn’t aware of the long term side effects.

She said: “I think I have had Covid and if I was to get ill I would treat it how I would treat it. I didn’t die from it. It is like getting a cold. I wouldn’t get the flu jab either.

“I don’t want to inject myself with something I don’t know the long-term effects.”

To find out more about the coronavirus vaccination, visit the NHS website