Where you recognise cast of Netflix true crime Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey from

Yes, that is Abby from Ginny and Georgia!!

True crime drama film, Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey, has just been added to Netflix and there are a lot of members of the cast who have very recognisable faces.

The film tells the chilling and shocking true story of Lisa McVey, who at just 17-years-old was abducted and then managed to convince the serial killer who took her to set her free. She’s the only victim to have survived serial killer and sex offender Bobby Joe Long. When she was finally released, she had to try to convince officers of her story.

Here is the cast of Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey and where else you recognise them all from.

Katie Douglas – Lisa McVey

Katie Douglas, Lisa McVey, Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey, cast, Netflix

via Netflix

Lisa McVey, who was abducted when she was 17, is played in the film by Katie Douglas. You definitely recognise the Canadian actress from her recent role as Ginny’s friend Abby in Ginny and Georgia on Netflix. Katie has also been in Spooksville and Mary Kills People.

Rossif Sutherland – Bobby Joe Long

Rossif Sutherland, Bobby Joe Long, true crime, drama, film

via Netflix

Serial killer Bobby Joe Long is played by Rossif Sutherland. He’s known for being in River, Guest of Honour, Hyena Road and High Life. You might also have seen Sutherland in period drama Reign.

David James Elliott – Sgt Larry Pinkerton

David James Elliott, Sgt Larry Pinkerton, Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey, cast, Netflix

via Netflix

One of the detectives Lisa had to go over her story with is Sergeant Larry Pinkerton. Larry looks after Lisa and is her main support when she is freed. He is played by Canadian actor David James Elliott, best known as lead character, Harmon Rabb Jr, in JAG. You might have also seen him in Netflix drama Spinning Out.

Amanda Arcuri – Lorrie

Amanda Arcuri, sister, Lorrie, Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey, cast, Netflix

via Netflix

Amanda Arcuri plays Lorrie, Lisa’s sister, in the film. Amanda Arcuri is a 23-year-old actress who portrayed Lola in Degrassi.

Megan Fahlenbock – Betty

Megan Fahlenbock, Betty, Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey, cast, Netflix

via Netflix

Megan Smith Fahlenbock, who plays Lisa’s mother Betty, is a Canadian actress. She has worked in animation and has also had a few film roles. Megan is best known for her voice roles as Gwen on Total Drama, Jen Masterson on 6teen, and Eva Kant in Diabolik.

Shelby Bain – Sarah Pinkerton

Shelby Bain, Sarah Pinkerton

via Netflix

Shelby Bain has become known worldwide as Amy in the 7-time award-winning and 14-time nominated series The Next Step. The 19-year-old plays Sarah Pinkerton, Larry’s daughter, in Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey.

Patrice Goodman – Detective Russell

Patrice Goodman, Detective Russell, Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey, cast, Netflix

via Netflix

Detective Russell is one of the officers who spoke to Lisa after she was released. She is played by Patrice Goodman, an award winning actress best known for Sunnyside and Romance Retreat. She’s also worked as a director, choreographer and teacher.

Milton Barnes – Officer Lopez

Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey, cast, Netflix, Milton Barnes, Officer Lopez

via Netflix

Milton Barnes plays Officer Lopez, who is working on the case. Milton Barnes is known for Total Recall and Chloe. You might also recognise him as McTighe in Pacific Rim.

Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.