arrdee, body, brighton

‘Have you seen the state of her body’: Meet ArrDee, the guy behind TikTok’s viral hit

TikTok tunes clearly pay the bills

Just when you thought Commitment Issues was going to be the biggest UK tune to hit TikTok this year, along came a few lines that have been repeated by everyone from H3H3 productions to Mia Khalifa – it is, of course, ArrDee with Body 2. For those that aren’t familiar with the track from that description alone, you’ll likely know it from the slightly crude line: “If I beat it I ain’t wearing a Jonny”. Yeah, that one.

However, although ArrDee’s verse on Body has gone viral worldwide, not many people know the man behind the voice. So, here’s everything we know about Brighton rapper ArrDee.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by ArrDee (@arrdeegram)

ArrDee is the stage name of 21-year-old Riley Davies

Just as Aitch is the performing name and first initial of rapper Harrison Armstrong, ArrDee is a phonetic spelling of the initials of Riley Davies’ real name.

Riley was born in December 1999, making him 21 years old.

He is five foot and six inches tall

On his track 6AM in Brighton we learn that ArrDee stands at 5’6 tall – but that’s not everything: “Not rich but I’m still with Millie, I think ‘cos I’m five foot six she ‘gon be surprised at the sight of my big…”

We’ll let you guess the rest.

ArrDee is from Brighton and proud

A couple of ArrDee’s music videos have been filmed in and around Brighton, and he says that he loves the city. In a recent episode of Shopping for Sneakers with Kick Game, he gives a nod to his hometown as a place of acceptance: “I’m not a judgmental person, we accept everyone from where I’m from.”

Having a viral TikTok tune clearly pays well

In the same sneaker shopping episode, ArrDee ends up shelling out £2,119.94 on shoes alone. Although the overall price may have been subsidised for appearing in the video in the first place, I think it’s fair to say that having a viral TikTok tune is paying pretty well.

Plus he gets a pair for his mate.

ArrDee has a large microphone tattoo on his arm

@arrdeetikmight post part 2 when it heals ##lingo ##tattoo ##tattooart ##arrdee♬ Lingo (feat. J.I the Prince of N.Y & Chunkz) – Deno

One of the comments simply reads: “I heard laser treatment is pretty good to remove tattoos.”

He openly talks about how he doesn’t do drugs anymore

A prominent motif in ArrDee’s music is that he no longer smokes weed, but whilst quitting one vice he appears to have become a big fan of another – cigarettes. Whether it’s rapping about getting brain whilst smoking or walking out of a police cell with a B&H Blue in his mouth, ArrDee loves a cheeky durry.