sussy baka

What does ‘sussy baka’ mean and why does everyone on TikTok say it?

Ur such a sussy baka 🥺

You will likely have come across a strange phrase in many comments sections and videos in the last month or so on TikTok – and that phrase is “sussy baka”. Whilst people are set on developing an entirely new language from internet slang, this is very clearly going to be one of those phrases that you start out using because it’s so ridiculous, but eventually, start using in your day-to-day language unironically. And that’s okay.

But until that happens it probably best to understand what the phrase means. So, where did sussy baka come from? What does it actually mean? Is it a different language altogether? And what does it have to do with Among Us? Here’s everything you need to know about the phrase “sussy baka”.

@akeamfrancis2Reply to @frogskarl #HerStory #smilegang1 #akeamfrancis♬ original sound – Akeamfrancis2

What does sussy baka mean?

So, someone has called you the sussiest of bakas online and you want to know exactly what they mean before you retort with something equally damaging. Well, it’s a strange one.

“Sussy” and “sus” are words used in the videogame Among Us to describe someone shifty or suspicious, whilst baka means “fool” in Japanese. So to be a sussy baka is to be a suspicious fool, presumably – although it appears that the meme has taken this meaning and ran with it a little.

The phrase was popularised by TikToker Akeam Francis after he made a number of videos, firstly including the term “baka” and then “sussy baka” as above – and the audio took off:

@lizard.breath.bobanna ♬ original sound – Akeamfrancis2

From here the phrase became a meme in its own right which is why you’ve seen it all over TikTok (and probably every other social media platform).

And that really is it. Prepare yourself to be saying it at least five times a day. Seriously.