Ok, so what is the sundress challenge? And why is it banned on TikTok?

It’s rather cheeky

Summer is finally starting to look like a possibility which means all the cute summer dresses are going to come out, and for the people on TikTok this means a new challenge – the sundress challenge.

Whilst it may sound like it’s just a challenge about wearing different sundresses it’s actually far cheekier than that. And now the challenge is banned on TikTok.

TikTok is pretty used to deleting and banning videos for violating their guidelines. Between July and December 2019 they banned nearly 50million videos, so what is it about the sundress challenge that’s getting it added to the list of banned content?

This is everything you need to know about the sundress challenge on TikTok:

What is the sundress challenge?

The latest TikTok trend is the sundress challenge which is essentially about having sex in public places. A person wears a sundress, goes out on a day date with their partner or person they’re seeing and sees how many times they can have sex in public places such as a park.

This is pretty much illegal FYI. However people on Twitter still seem very up for it and many have asked who wants to participate in the challenge with them.

Ok so why is TikTok banning it?

Don’t bother trying to search for this challenge on TikTok by the hashtag as you will be met with no content and a warning from TikTok saying the phrase may be associated with things that violate their guidelines.

It says: “This phrase may be associated with behaviour or content that violates our guidelines. Promoting a safe and positive experience is TikTok’s top priority. For more information, we invite you to review our Community Guidelines.”

TikTok’s community guidelines state they will remove any videos that feature hateful behaviour, violent extremism, graphic content and sexual activity amongst other topics. So that pretty much explains why it’s banned.

Featured image credit before edits: Andrea Bogdan on Unsplash