How to reverse your sound and video on TikTok, a guide

For all those weird challenges you’re doing

By now you’ve probably realised that not everything on TikTok is as simple as it looks. People upload challenges and videos with countless filters and effects on, and you’d think they had a degree in it all. One of the things that people do a lot, and what should be more simple to achieve, is how to reverse your video and sound on TikTok.

Loads of current viral challenges include flipping your video and/or audio, so if you’re a little bit stumped, here’s a step-by-step guide of how everyone is doing it.

Here’s how to reverse your sound and video on TikTok

At the moment, there’s no in-app way of reversing sound and video at the same time on TikTok, but there are some online tools you can use instead. For example, Kapwing allows you to reverse the audio and video all together. All you have to do is select the URL of the video you would like to reverse, paste it into the tool, select the playback speed and click “Create”. You’re then given the option to download the finished product. Here’s a link to Kapwing reverse tool.

However you can reverse yours and other people’s videos on TikTok. To reverse one of your own, open TikTok and start recording or uploading the video you want to be in reverse. After recording, click through to the next upload stage and select “effects” at the bottom, and you can then select “time” and “reverse” and this will put your video backwards.

how to reverse sound and video on TikTok, TikTok, sound, audio, video, flip, reverse, guide

To reverse someone else’s video, all you have to do is download their video first, by selecting the white arrow on the side of the video and then “save video”. Then repeat the previous steps. If “save video” doesn’t appear, this is because the user has limited people from being able to do so in their settings.

For even more TikTok tricks and hacks, and for all the latest news and gossip – follow The Holy Church of TikTok on Facebook.