Sam Thompson and Zara McDermott house

Inside the plush London townhouse where Sam Thompson and Zara McDermott live

They’re renovating the house Sam used to live in with four mates

Sam Thompson and Zara McDermott have given us a lil glimpse into the Chelsea lifestyle, as they’ve created a house Instagram account to share their home renovation progress.

Despite the couple having a very turbulent 2020, with cheating allegations, breakups and getting back together – they’re back going strong as they are living in and doing up the Chelsea home that Sam used to live in with four mates. And yes, they do live next door to Sam’s sister Louise and her fiancé Ryan Libbey.

It looks like Zara mainly runs their home account, called The Thompson Project, and the interior design inspo is a lot from her – transforming Sam’s previous bachelor pad to somewhere more cosy for a couple. They’ve shared loads of pictures of the house, including their lounge, bedroom, a few of the kitchen and the transformation of their outdoor space.

Zara regularly posts on the account about what they’ve been getting up to in the house, and which parts they’ve been doing up.

Sharing a post about the garden decking space, Zara said: “It’s crazy what a few hours work can do! I wanted to give the end of the garden some TLC. Our friend @grimesy11 put some decking on our back paving and created a pergola for me which I’ve been meaning to do for over a year. Sam’s mum had some spare leaf screening and I also bought some purple trellis from a local garden centre. It’s coming together so nicely!”

Zara has even teased that they are prepping the house for the arrival of a family one day. Speaking about the lounge, she said: “My favourite part of the living room. Initially when choosing a new sofa, we wanted to go for a light colour but were obvs worried about stains etc but it has honestly changed our room. Not sure how practical this will be if we ever get a dog or have a family but for now, I love it”.

Sam moved into the house in 2018, and did a vlog on YouTube of a tour. He had it renovated before he moved in, but they’re back doing it up again.

Here are some more of the inside pictures:

The house Instagram account made by Sam Thompson and Zara McDermott is being regularly updated with their progress, you can follow it here.