Quiz: Plan a chippy order and we’ll tell you where in the UK you’re from

They kick you out of the North if you put ketchup on chips

A fish and chips supper is a staple of British culture and a Friday night or beach trip isn’t complete without indulging in battered fish and thick chips. But let’s be blunt about it, there is a very big difference between the fish and chips you get around the country.

In the North it’s sacrilege to have anything other than gravy on your chips. A fan of ketchup with your fish? Don’t bother travelling above London, they won’t let you in.

And it’s not just sauces there’s a fight over, but the sides and even type of fish can determine where you are from in the country. For example those in the South will just have a wedge of lemon on the side whereas in Scotland it’s all about the pickled onions. In Wales you can’t leave a chip shop without your chips being covered in cheese and in the midlands they sometimes like to make your chips artificially orange?

To find out where you truly belong in Britain, plan a chippy order and we’ll tell you where you’re from:

Featured image credit: Bodoklecksel / Creative Commons Licence