scooby doo, cgi

This harrowing video of Scooby Doo without CGI is seriously freaking people out

My childhood is ruined forever

For those that enjoyed the live-action Scooby-Doo films as kids, this may not be information you necessarily wanted to hear today, but I’ve got two large bombshells that need to be dropped. Firstly, for those that aren’t aware, Scooby-Doo wasn’t a real dog, but rather a CGI animal added in post-production. Whilst that settles in, I must inform you that secondly, he was played by what can only be described as a nightmarish green-clad figure straight from a horror film.

That’s right – behind the scenes footage has resurfaced on TikTok that reveals our beloved Scooby-Doo was indeed portrayed by a harrowing masked figure in a dress, complete with bag and green booties. You didn’t ask for it, you certainly could’ve lived the rest of your life without knowing this, but here’s the entirety of that horrific footage.

@filmlersokagiFilm – Scooby-Doo 2002♬ orijinal ses – Filmlersokagi

I know what you’re thinking – this article should have begun with some sort of trigger warning. There’s a number of things to consider when watching this video back, the first of which is that actual real-life actors had to do their job alongside this monstrosity.

How on earth the rest of the cast kept a straight face whilst filming this is nothing short of miraculous – I mean, look at the way they simulate Scooby’s tongue by getting one of the crewmembers to wipe a wet stick across poor Freddie Prinze’s cheek. I feel like I’m witnessing a war crime by reliving this moment with them.

Also, the fact that it’s only the head and feet makes this entire scene even more disturbing, regardless of the fact that it likely makes sense to do this. After all, surely any kind of computer-generated image costs a lot of money, so I can imagine the less they had to animate the better. They could’ve saved thousands by having Scooby in a real dress and we never even thought it!

If you thought it was just Scooby-Doo that was conjured up using such sinister means, you’ve got yet another big shock coming, for TikTok is full of creepy behind the scenes video footage from a variety of films that have used CGI:

@filmlersokagiFilm – The Chronicles of Narnia

♬ orijinal ses – Filmlersokagi

@filmlersokagiFilm – I, Robot

♬ orijinal ses – Filmlersokagi

@filmlersokagiFilm – Dumbo

♬ orijinal ses – Filmlersokagi

I never want to see an animated film again.