louise thompson miscarriage

Louise Thompson reveals she suffered a ‘devastating’ miscarriage earlier this year

She shared her story on Instagram last night

Made in Chelsea’s Louise Thompson shared a poignant post on Instagram last night revealing she suffered from a miscarriage earlier this year.

In the post Louise told her followers she had not “processed” what had happened but she wanted to use her platform to bring awareness to miscarriages.

She wrote: “I wanted to share my story because it might help someone, but for the first time in my life, I’m actually a bit lost for words. Maybe it’s because I feel like I have SO much to say and I don’t want to waste this opportunity or because I’m not sure I’ve 100 per cent processed it yet, but either way, there will be no ‘perfect’ time, so here goes, I’ll try my best.

“I’ve always been taught that a problem shared is a problem halved, and I pass that mantra on to others, always encouraging people to talk, talk, talk, so it’s time to practice what I preach.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Louise Thompson (@louise.thompson)

Louise shared the details of her miscarriage in a follow up comment on the post.

She wrote: “Earlier this year I had a miscarriage, we lost our baby and it was really bloody tough.⁣ Some of you will already be familiar with HOW common they are (one in four pregnancies), but for me, it came as a total shock. That is probably down to the fact that people never really talk about it. Losing a baby in pregnancy through miscarriage or stillbirth still seems to be a taboo subject that is linked to a certain amount of stigma and shame, and I really wish that that would change.

“I believe that one of the ways it CAN change is by opening up a space for more conversations and sharing experiences with one another.⁣⁣ I want people (and YOU out there reading this) to know that if you are struggling, you are not alone. There are others who share your pain.”

via Instagram @louise.thompson

In a follow up comment on the post Louise shared how she had already built a connection up with her unborn child and how devastating she found it when she suffered from her miscarriage.

She wrote: “In all honesty, I had no idea that it was possible to love someone that I’d never met quite SO MUCH. From the moment I saw the lines on the pregnancy test I started to build an emotional connection and my whole world changed, and for that to be taken away was devastating.”

Louise also wrote how she had spoken to many friends who shared similar experiences to her and highlighted the charities The Miscarriage Association and Tommy’s.

via Instagram @louise.thompson

Many of Louise’s friends and family were quick to comment and share their support for her. Ryan Libbey, Louise’s fiancé wrote “Love you lots baby xxx” and her brother Sam Thompson wrote how he was always there for her.

A number of current and past Made in Chelsea cast members including Ollie Locke, Tiffany Watson and Rosie Fortescue commented to show their love and support for Louise and Ryan.

Featured image credit via Instagram @louise.thompson