The Tab is hiring a Staff Writer to join our London head office

Applications close Friday 26th February

The Tab is hiring a Staff Writer to join our London head office team. This is an exciting time to join The Tab as we continue towards our goal of becoming the mouthpiece of UK youth.

As a Staff Writer, you will be publishing multiple stories a day on a broad variety of topics. Staff Writers will write about the latest TikTok trends, know which YouTuber is embroiled in the latest scandal, and be quick to noticing the next viral meme. You will keep up with the most watched shows on Netflix, writing hot takes and SEO articles, and of course some quizzes.

You will have a strong understanding of the issues young people care about: the environment, politics, gender, class, mental health, racism and social justice. You will know what entertains people age 18-25, and what makes them tick.

About you

You will have a 2:1 degree from a British university and writing experience, either for student media or other publications, with a keen interest in a career in journalism or writing. You will be full of ideas ready to write on The Tab, and engage with TikTok, Instagram, YouTube on a daily basis. You love memes. You will be numbers driven, and thrive off ambitious page views and publishing volume targets.

Here’s why you should apply:

• You’ll receive £20,000 a year, with pay review after the first year

• You’ll get 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)

• You’ll get your own company MacBook

• You’ll be working in a young, driven office, where the average age of the team is 23

• We always have Friday drinks (when we’re back in the office)

Due to coronavirus, you will be working from home along with the rest of the team for the foreseeable future. This will be reviewed as the situation changes.

How to apply:

To apply, email Editor Lucy Woodham ([email protected]) with the following:

• Your CV

• Three links to stories you are proud of

• Pitch three ideas that would work on The Tab (please make these relevant to what is happening in the news cycle on the day of your application)

• A description of two outstanding working relationships you have built

• 200 words about why you think you are suitable for this role

Start date: ASAP

The deadline for applications is Friday 26th February at 5pm