Inside the love lives of all the cast of Bridgerton on Netflix

Jonathan Bailey, who plays Anthony Bridgerton, is dating an actor!

Let’s not lie to ourselves here, if you’ve watched Bridgerton on Netflix you’ve definitely at least once thought about dating one of the cast members. Be that in real life, or imagined yourself as the next Duchess of Hastings, Viscountess, a true princess or the only person worthy of Eloise’s heart. Well sorry to burst your bubble, but a few of your dreams are about to broken – because some of the Bridgerton cast have partners in real life.

Yes, there really are people who now have the enviable accolade of dating a Bridgerton cast member and living out the fantasy in real life. I wonder if the prince is as kind and loving in real life? What would it be like marrying the Duke? Here’s a deep dive into the love lives of the cast of Bridgerton on Netflix – most importantly, who’s got partners, who’s courting, and who’s single.

Phoebe Dynevor

Courting status: Single

Bridgerton, partners, Netflix, real life, dating, relationship, girlfriend, boyfriend, Daphne, Phoebe Dynevor

via Instagram @phoebedynevor

Phoebe Dynevor, who plays Daphne Bridgerton, has previously spoken out about her love life. In 2014 she spoke in an interview about travelling South East Asia with her half Thai boyfriend at the time, recruitment executive Simon Merill. More recently, Phoebe had been dating comedian Pete Davidson. They dated for five months, before splitting up – saying the distance between her living in Manchester and Pete being in New York wasn’t working for them. “Their mates think they make a great couple, but the distance has made it completely unworkable,” a source reportedly told the Sun.

Previous to this, Phoebe was linked to actor Sean Teale. There have been rumours that the Duke and Duchess were a thing in real life too, but this has been joked off as untrue. In an interview, Regé-Jean Page said all the sparks between them happened on screen and were from great script writing. A shame. It looks as though right now, Phoebe is single.

Regé-Jean Page

Courting status: In a relationship

Bridgerton, partners, Netflix, real life, dating, relationship, girlfriend, boyfriend, Duke, Simon, Regé-Jean Page

via Instagram @regejean

Right, let’s get down to the most important questions in life – is the most eligible man in town actually on the market or what? In 2016 he was rumoured to be dating Antonia Thomas (from Misfits and Lovesick) after being spotted at a number of film events and premiers together. They never confirmed the rumours.

Regé-Jean Page is pretty private about his life, but he has gone public with his current girlfriend, Emily Brown. He attended the GQ Men Of The Year Awards in London hand-in-hand with the footballer player, and it has to be said, they look great together.

Photo by Beretta/Sims/Shutterstock

A shame, but you have to wish him all the best. Emily is a freelance copywriter, with writing clients such as Nike, Converse and Uber. She went to Manchester University.

Jonathan Bailey

Courting status: In a relationship

Bridgerton, partners, Netflix, real life, dating, relationship, girlfriend, boyfriend, Jonathan Bailey, gay, Anthony Bridgerton

via Instagram @jabyleaf

Sorry to break it to you girls, but Jonathan Bailey who plays Anthony Bridgerton is gay in real life and is reportedly dating actor James Ellis. Neither Bailey nor Ellis have confirmed their relationship, but Bailey did confirm to GQ in an interview in 2022 that he has a boyfriend, and they have been pictured together at dinner in the past. In previous interviews he has spoken of the pressures to keep his sexuality under wraps before, with him being advised it may have cost him roles.

Simone Ashley

Courting status: Single

via Instagram @simoneasshley

Simone looks to keep her personal and dating life quite private, so it doesn’t look like she is dating anyone currently. There is no evidence of a relationship on her social media profiles.

Nicola Coughlan

Courting status: Single

Nicola Coughlan, Penelope Featherington, Netflix

via Instagram @nicolacoughlan

According to reports, Nicola Coughlan, who plays Penelope Featherington in Bridgerton, previously dated actor Laurie Kynaston, but they broke up to focus on their careers. Nicola Coughlan appears to be single right now.

Luke Newton

Courting status: In a relationship

Bridgerton, partners, Netflix, real life, dating, relationship, girlfriend, boyfriend, Luke Newton, Colin Bridgerton

via Instagram @lukenewtonuk

Unfortunately Luke Newton, who plays Bridgerton brother Colin, is in a relationship. She’s all over his Instagram profile and it looks like they love to go travelling together. His girlfriend is stage actress Jade Louise Davies, and they’ve been together since 2019. Jade is the sister of former Love Island winner Amber Davies!!

Claudia Jessie

Courting status: In a relationship

Bridgerton, partners, Netflix, real life, dating, relationship, girlfriend, boyfriend, Claudia Jessie, Eloise Bridgerton

via YouTube

Claudia, who plays Eloise Bridgerton, is pretty private about her off-screen life – she doesn’t have any social media accounts which she has previously said is because they “provoke anxiety” in her. However, according to reports, the Birmingham actress has been in a relationship since 2015. He is called Joseph, and reportedly was working as a sound engineer when she was working on Doctors in her home city.

Freddie Stroma

Courting status: Married

Freddie Stroma, Prince Frederich, wife

via Instagram @thejohannabraddy

Sorry girls, you’re not becoming a princess because Prince Frederich has a wife! Freddie’s other half is called Johanna Braddy and she’s an actress too. She played the leading role in the 2009 horror film The Grudge 3, and has appeared in Hurt, Easy A, Paranormal Activity 3, and The Levenger Tapes.

Freddie began dating his Unreal co-star Johanna Braddy in the summer of 2015. They got engaged in May 2016, and were married on 30th December 2016, in Atlanta, Georgia. Sigh.

Golda Rosheuvel

Courting status: In a relationship

via Instagram @goldarosheuvel

Golda Rosheuvel, our Queen Charlotte is gay. She is in a long-term relationship with writer Shireen Mula. Speaking previously of being gay in the arts industry, Golda said: “My partner is a writer and she struggles to get work seen. She writes gay work because that’s what she knows. But do we see gay plays or gay characters? I think it’s a shame. I think it’s about funding, maybe people being afraid to lose money if they invest in stories that are about the Other. It is very, very, very, very rare that I will play my casting bracket, which includes being gay.”

Kathryn Drysdale

Courting status: Single

Bridgerton, partners, Netflix, real life, dating, relationship, girlfriend, boyfriend, Kathryn Drysdale, Madame Delacroix

via Instagram @katkindrysdale

According to reports, everyone’s favourite sassy dressmaker Madame Delacroix, played by Kathryn Drysdale, is currently single in real life.

Polly Walker

Courting status: Married

Polly Walker, married, husband

via Netflix

Lady Featherington is played by British TV icon Polly Walker. In real life she is married to actor Laurence Penry-Jones and has two children.

Ruth Gemmell

Courting status: Divorced

Ruth Gemmell

via Netflix

Ruth Gemmell, who plays Lady Violet Bridgerton got married in London in 1997 to actor Ray Stevenson. They had met in 1995 during the filming of TV drama Band of Gold. The couple divorced in 2005.

Both seasons of Bridgerton are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.