real housewives of new york city net worths

Ranked: Who is the richest of all the Real Housewives of New York City?

Finally an answer to how much Sonja has in the bank

The Real Housewives of New York first appeared on screens in 2008, when Bethenny Frankel was paid just under $8k for the whole series. But now she’s a multi-millionaire with one of the biggest bank balances of all the women, but who has the most? It’s time to find out the women of Real Housewives of New York City net worths.

Over the 13 seasons we’ve seen the women go to fabulous parties, shopping and attend boujie trips. And we’ve seen them support these trips through their many businesses. We’ve had Ramona Pinot Grigio, LuAnn’s book and of course Sonja’s many, many projects.

However some of them housewives don’t make their money from work, it’s just pure family money or their husband’s money.

This is every single Real Housewives of New York City net worth and a guide to exactly how they made their millions:

17. Jules Wainstein – $1.5 million

View this post on Instagram

We live for our nephew! #familyfirst #AustinPowers 💋 @mikeforrest82 @shaunarforrest

A post shared by Julianne Wainstein (@juleswainstein) on Aug 14, 2017 at 4:07pm PDT

Jules is kicking off the list and the one series wonder currently has a net worth of $1.5 million. She didn’t work during the show and her divorce to Michael has now been finalised.

Jules will have made her money from her job before she married Michael, appearing on Housewives and in spousal and children support in her divorce from Michael. Her cleaning tonic business will also have made her some dollar.

16. Alex McCord – $2 million

View this post on Instagram

This hair is feeling way too long. (And frizzy, but it’s been raining for a month.) Time to cut?

A post shared by Alex McCord (@mccordalex) on Feb 28, 2020 at 3:47am PST

Alex was one of the iconic OG housewives and now lives in Australia where she can enjoy her net worth of $2 million.

She appeared in a number of seasons of the show which will have contributed to her wealth, as well just working hard in her job.

15. Leah McSweeney -$2.4 million

View this post on Instagram

I love this bitch #AngelMarie

A post shared by Leah McSweeney (@leahmob) on Sep 30, 2020 at 4:19pm PDT

Newcomer Leah has achieved her wealth through her fashion line “Married to The Mob”. She was awarded $75k from the NYPD after an altercation and used that money to start her line.

Also joining Real Housewives will have added to her income.

14. Eboni Williams – $3million

Eboni is the newest housewife of the New York cast and has made history by being the first black housewife in the franchise. Eboni is a mega successful lawyer, has been a presenter on Fox News, hosted her own podcast and released her memoir.

All these achievements have made her very wealthy with a very impressive $3million in the bank. This is likely to increase after joining the cast.

13. Cindy Barshop – $6 million

Cindy only appeared on one season of the show and went on the infamous Morocco trip. Cindy has made the majority of her money from her company Completely Bare, which had a number of spas across the US.

12. Sonja Morgan – $8 million

View this post on Instagram

Enjoying the last days of outdoor CafĂŠ life #uppereastside #sonjastyle

A post shared by Sonja Morgan (@sonjatmorgan) on Oct 20, 2020 at 2:22pm PDT

Sonja’s finances have been a major plot throughout Real Housewives. Back in 2010 she filed for bankruptcy and was nearly $20 million in debt.

But she’s now paid that all off and still has $8 million to her name. She’s renting out her iconic townhouse for $32k a month and has moved into a new flat.

Sonja is also thought to get at least $400k per season of Real Housewives. And then of course there are her numerous businesses.

11. Heather Thomson – $10 million

Heather was working in the fashion industry for a number of years before setting up her own shapewear brand Yummie Tummie, which will definitely be a big source of her net worth.

She also obviously got a decent salary for starring in a number of series of Real Housewives.

10. Ramona Singer – $18 million

View this post on Instagram

Cheers to the weekend! Beautiful day at the Vineyard 🍇 best Chenin Blanc!!!! And I know my wines @paumanokvineyards

A post shared by Ramona Singer (@ramonasinger) on Oct 10, 2020 at 4:38pm PDT

Ngl thought Ramona would have more than this. Ramona has a lot of businesses including RMS Fashion and Ramona Pinot Grigio, she also created the True Faith Jewellery line and has her skincare Tru Renewal.

Being the only housewife to have starred in every season of Real Housewives of New York City, Ramona will have also brought in a lot of dollar from the show.

9. Kelly Bensimon – $20 million

Kelly is iconic for her behaviour on scary island and it’s also pretty scary how much money she has. Kelly started off her career as a model so will have made a decent chunk appearing on magazine covers.

She’s also written five books, had a jewellery line and is now working as relator. And if Selling Sunset has taught us anything, relators can earn a LOT.

8. Aviva Drescher – $20 million

View this post on Instagram

50 is the new 50! #birthday

A post shared by avivadrescher (@avivadrescher) on Sep 9, 2020 at 5:14am PDT

Aviva will forever be remembered as the woman who threw her fake leg across a table. And somehow she’s got a very healthy net worth.

She was reported to be paid $200k per season of Housewives, but the majority of her money is thanks to her husband Reid.

7. Kristen Taekman – $20 million

View this post on Instagram

It’s officially sweater weather in LA!! 🥶 http://liketk.it/2ZNKI #liketkit @liketoknow.it @bananarepublic

A post shared by Kristen Taekman (@kristentaekman) on Oct 28, 2020 at 8:01am PDT

Quite surprised Kristen is this far up the list. She’s been modelling for years so that will have contributed to her wealth. Also appearing on a few seasons of Real Housewives will have made her richer.

One thing Kristen never mentioned on the show is her greeting cards company which she set up.

6. Dorinda Medley – $20 million

View this post on Instagram

You did it @sonjatmorgan ! @sonjabysonjamorgan @century21stores #proudofyou #workinggirl catch rhony tonight 9/8c

A post shared by Dorinda Medley (@dorindamedley) on Aug 20, 2020 at 2:39pm PDT

Dorinda started out her career with her own cashmere company in London. She sold to many high profile clients, including Princess Diana. She ended up selling the company so will have done well from the sale. Before marrying Richard, Dorinda worked as a real estate agent.

After the sad death of her husband Dorinda will have likely inherited his money, but she also does her own Dorobics classes and of course earnt a lot on Housewives before departing this year.

5. LuAnn De Lesseps – $25 million

View this post on Instagram

I’ve got a secret..Take a guess and I’ll answer you tomorrow. 🤔 #bravotv #rhony

A post shared by Luann de Lesseps (@countessluann) on Oct 27, 2020 at 4:33pm PDT

Of course the Countess is in the top five of wealthiest Real Housewives of New York. She got divorced from the Count and after that wrote her book, released a number of singles and been in every season of the show bar one, which will added to her bank balance nicely.

4. Jill Zarin – $35 million

View this post on Instagram

It is surreal being back after all of these months away. Living in NYC for 40 years, it feels good to finally be home!

A post shared by Jill Zarin (@mrsjillzarin) on Aug 26, 2020 at 1:52pm PDT

Jill Zarin is a Real Housewives legend. The main reason behind her large net worth is that she married into the money thanks to her late husband Bobby Zarin who sadly passed away in 2018.

3. Tinsley Mortimer – $35 million

View this post on Instagram

Bringing it to the Reunion tonight! #RHONY 💃🍎💪 @bravotv

A post shared by tinsleymortimer (@tinsleymortimer) on Sep 10, 2020 at 3:43pm PDT

Tinsley has announced she’s no longer going to be part of Housewives, but it shouldn’t affect her bank balance as she’s got a LOT of money. This is mainly due to her marriage and subsequent divorce to Topper Mortimer.

But she’s also had her own fashion lines and starred in her own reality show High Society.

2. Carole Radziwill – $50 million

Narrowly missing out on the top spot of the richest housewife of New York city is Carole Radziwill. Naturally she would have got a bit of money when her husband Anthony died, but she’s achieved most of her money by herself.

She’s a writer of a number of well selling books and apparently received $500k per season of Housewives.

1. Bethenny Frankell – $70 million

And the richest Real Housewife of New York City is Bethenny Frankel. Bethenny is an OG housewives icon and started out in the show, only getting paid around $7k.

But since then thanks to her Skinnygirl company she’s made a load of money, especially when she sold it for a rumoured $100 million. Bethenny has also written a number of books, had spin-off shows, a podcast and a talk show. Does she ever take a break?