I’m going to give you 20 minutes to discuss these 26 break out room memes
Does anyone actually enjoy break out rooms?
2020 has been one of the worst years: A pandemic, university years cut short, a national lockdown ruining summer, and now break out rooms have come to top it all off.
Most uni students hate group work with a passion and we all assumed that online uni would result in zero group work. Instead, most of us have had to participate in more group work that we have ever have because every lecturer seems to love saying the words: “I’m going to put you into break out rooms now”. This is possibly the scariest sentence a uni student will ever hear. After months of isolation from the real world how are we supposed to be able to talk to a group of strangers?
Here are 26 of the best break out room memes:
1. Time for me to go x
Me leaving my entire group in the breakout room as soon as the timer pops up pic.twitter.com/LtghujoACc
— georgia (@_georgiamooney_) October 19, 2020
2. Probably the most adrenaline I’ve had so far this year
“I’m going to split you into breakout rooms” sets off my fight or flight
— robbie (@RobFordsGhost) October 19, 2020
3. Will someone PLEASE talk
I’m about one or two more awkwardly silent Zoom breakout rooms away from losing it.
— Trevor Hunt (@Trevdogth) October 14, 2020
4. What’s worse: A pandemic or group work?
zoom breakout rooms should be optional, i am twenty two years old please let me work by myself.
— spooky skylar🤍🎃🕸 (@flowersinskylar) October 19, 2020
5. Apparently you’re not supposed to leave?
‘We are going to now put you into breakout rooms’ and ‘leave zoom meeting’ sound the same to me
— macey (@maceyybethh) October 19, 2020
6. Surely someone has started a petition to make break out rooms illegal
i think i speak on behalf of every student with anxiety that breakout rooms are fucking shite and i’d like to start a petition to have them removed from lectures 🙂
— Jesskah (@jesicaarose26) October 19, 2020
7. The only type of break out room I want to be in
we went into breakout rooms in my zoom class and my professor put me in one by myself 💀 pic.twitter.com/GAtLLUFPDl
— sara🧃 (@strawberrycow0) October 19, 2020
8. I just want to talk to whoever invented break out rooms x
whoever created zoom breakout rooms is going to hell
— lili's gf (official) (@VENOMJOON) October 19, 2020
9. The worst words you could hear during a lecture
"And now we’re going to go into Breakout rooms" pic.twitter.com/gzqKYmamBT
— Sam Crawford (@samcrawford44) October 12, 2020
10. When you really have to hype yourself up to say one sentence in the break out room
Me, an introvert, getting ready to contribute something in the breakout room: pic.twitter.com/7LFHRe4cxk
— georgia (@_georgiamooney_) October 19, 2020
11. As long as I say one word in the break out room it’s fine
Me psyching myself up for a zoom seminar pic.twitter.com/PzFFw2JkWA
— Bec (@becklockwood7) October 18, 2020
12. Maybe we should have actually talked to each other?
*after spending ten minutes in breakout rooms on zoom*
Professor: can someone from group 2 share what you discussed?
Group two: pic.twitter.com/VOu4Yy4j2T
— lil boo thing 👻 (@_chismosa_) April 15, 2020
13. Please don’t make me turn my camera on
when your teacher splits u into breakout rooms on zoom and another student asks if you’re there pic.twitter.com/A0Bm9NEJgi
— mel (@melissalcoolj) April 15, 2020
15. How long do we have to stare at each other?
how "discussion" looks when the professor puts you into random breakout rooms on zoom pic.twitter.com/zE6d0js94m
— gray (@CIVETCORE) April 15, 2020
16. Love that for me x
I was quite literally just singing my little heart out while I was unknowingly unmuted in my breakout room on zoom pic.twitter.com/0ZhSiB0Ay7
— Christina Young (@cy0ung6) April 16, 2020
17. You guys actually want to talk??
18. Break out rooms are just a place to embarrass yourself
Omfg as if I decided to close my eyes while I was waiting for the tutor to start my tutorial thinking when they all spoke it’d wake me up, I open my eyes again half an hour has passed and everyone’s been put in break out rooms . Freaking the bean I’m done with online uni
— Catherine Jackson (@catherinej9_) October 13, 2020
19. Maybe if we put lecturers into break out rooms they’d hate it as much as we do
I wish professors would let break out rooms goooo
— alaysia 🌻🌹 (@brownwrrior) October 19, 2020
20. Me panicking as soon as I hear the words “break out room”
Me when the breakout rooms are loading 😔 https://t.co/Qxy33FGRv6
— Guillermo 👨🏻🦱 (@gfernandez44) October 19, 2020
21. Why would you willingly stay in a lecture with break out rooms?
NORMALIZE! LEAVING! THE!ZOOM! WHEN! THE! TEACHER! SAYS! THEY’RE! GONNA! PUT! YOU! IN! BREAKOUT! ROOMS!
— Bri (@crxcket) October 19, 2020
22. Nine grand well spent
paying 9k a year for breakout rooms, you love to see it
— Joshua (@VintageCrispy) October 20, 2020
23. Some of you don’t realise how lucky you are
If you don'f know what break out rooms are YOU ARE SO FCKING LUCKY.
— Blue french horn (@bhaiyarani) October 20, 2020
24. Remember when we thought online uni would be less stressful?
breakout rooms? more like breakDOWN rooms, amiright?
— Roc But Scary 😈 (@arson_rat) October 20, 2020
25. Break out rooms sound a lot more fun that they actually are
disappointed to find out that breakout rooms aren’t online escape rooms and are just normal zooms 😪😪😪
— fifi🐉 (@_freyalils_) October 20, 2020
26. Just vibing x
Breakout rooms are just breaks from the lecture, no talking , no interactions just vibes.
— Met Gala🐍 (@lisakeeks_) October 20, 2020