Guys it’s finally August 27th – here’s everything happening on this doomed day

Is Donald Trump going to die? Am I going to die???

In the past couple of months, you may have seen a load of people on TikTok and Twitter completely losing their minds over today, August 27th.

It all started when one person said today was “important”, the video went viral and people soon believed we had a 2012, end of the world type situation on our hands. But the day is here, and we all seem okay? So sit down, and take in the whole drama surrounding August 27th, explained. You’re welcome.

Here’s the whole origin of the fears around August 27th explained

Everyone on TikTok started really freaking out over August 27th in the past few months. It all started on July 6th when TikToker @stfusamantha posted a video of herself with a purple filter over and the text: “If this is on your FYP, congratulations. You’ve been chosen. Remember the date August 27th. It’s important.” The post has now had over six million views.

People then began spreading the meme like wildfire, predicting something crazy was going to happen on the date – and obviously everyone lost their heads. It crossed to Twitter, and soon loads of the internet really believed some sort of catastrophe was set to happen today.

However, after @stfusamantha saw her video had gone viral, she backtracked, saying it was a joke and she had no idea it would blow up like that. “The fact that people actually think I know whats gunna happen in a month is ridiculous,” she said.

But people definitely believe that TikTok has managed to manifest this up so far now, that something will definitely happen. There are theories the day has strong links to astrology and people will have good luck today, and others think it’s the day all your inner manifestations will come true.

And now there are loads of August 27th memes, because we’ve made it here

There are loads of memes going around because, like… what’s going to happen?

Apparently The Simpsons predicted Donald Trump would die on August 27th

Whenever a date goes viral, there is almost always a link to The Simpsons somehow. I swear this show has predicted everything that’s ever happened in the world? And August 27th is no different because apparently The Simpsons predicted that Donald Trump would die, on this fateful day.

August 27th, TikTok, explained, theories, memes, viral, video, Donald Trump, The Simpsons, today

A picture of Trump in a coffin, appearing to have been from an episode of the show, has been going viral. People have been saying the show predicted his death as being today.

However, the image is fake and it never actually appeared in The Simpsons. Ah.

And the TikTok CEO has resigned TODAY

Something has actually happened to shake the world of TikTok today. The CEO of the app, Kevin Mayer, has resigned after Trump threatened to ban it.

In a memo to his employees that was obtained by CNN Business, Mayer said: “In recent weeks, as the political environment has sharply changed, I have done significant reflection on what the corporate structural changes will require, and what it means for the global role I signed up for.

“Against this backdrop, and as we expect to reach a resolution very soon, it is with a heavy heart that I wanted to let you all know that I have decided to leave the company.”

Or did he resign because it is in fact, AUGUST 27TH?! It’s almost like TikTok could feel a change in its bones?!

For everything TikTok trends, videos, gossip and news – check out The Holy Church of TikTok on Facebook.