Here are all the ways you can donate to help Lebanon

Over 4,000 people have been injured following the Beirut explosion

Yesterday afternoon a large explosion went off in Beirut, the capital of Lebanon, which has killed at least 100 people and injured over 4,000.

Officials have said the cause of the explosion was highly explosive materials that were being stored in a warehouse for six years. The President, Michel Aoun tweeted it was “unacceptable” that 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate were being stored unsafely.

An investigation is currently underway to find the exact trigger for the explosion. Lebanon’s Supreme Defence Council said those responsible will face the “maximum punishment” possible.

President Aoun declared a mourning period of three days and stated the government will release 100 billion lira (£50.5 million) of emergency funds.

Lebanon is currently facing a pandemic (COVID-19), political unrest, an economic crisis, famine and now a devasting explosion on the port of its capital city.

There are various donation links floating around social media but it’s hard to know which sites are actually sending your money to the right places. Here’s a list of links you can trust:

The Lebanese Red Cross 

The Lebanese Red Cross is the main provider of free ambulance services in Lebanon. Due to limited funds, they are either late to or cannot respond to one emergency call out of five. With your donations, you can help them reach more people who need them faster.

Disaster relief for Beirut explosion, Just Giving

Impact Lebanon has created a Just Giving page in a bid to raise £5 million for the Beirut explosion. They have raised nearly 50 per cent, help them reach their target.

Save the Children

In Lebanon, one child in 143 dies before their fifth birthday, seven per cent of girls (ages 15+) struggle to read and write, three per cent of girls (ages 15-19) are married, and one in 67 gives birth. Two per cent of children are engaged in child labor, instead of learning.

Save the Children is working hard to help the children who have been affected by the explosion in Beirut and the crisis in Lebanon.

Islamic Relief UK

With homes destroyed and hospitals overwhelmed with casualties – Islamic Relief teams in Beirut are closely monitoring the situation and remain ready to respond.

You can learn more about the crisis in Lebanon here and find live updates on Beirut here.