Elon Musk and Grimes have revealed how you actually pronounce X Æ A-12’s name

But they both say something different

One of the most talked about things this week is how the hell you pronounce the name of Elon Musk and Grimes’ newborn baby, X Æ A-12. Many people have debated the different ways you could pronounce the symbolic-style name and also compared the baby to a robot, providing us all with some hilarious memes that show we’re clearly all at the point of lockdown delirium. Only two people as quirky as Grimes and Elon Musk would name their child something so ridiculous.

However, we’re finally getting the all-important information on how to actually pronounce X Æ A-12’s name but the funny part is, X Æ A-12’s parents disagree on how to pronounce it.

In the end Grimes revealed all in a reply to an Instagram comment, saying: “It’s just X, like the letter X. Then A.I. Like how you said the letter A then I.”

She makes it sound oh-so-easy, as though she’d just picked it off a list of popular baby boy names. Honestly, guys, it’s so easy to say! How were we so confused? Problem solved! Or so we thought. It turns out Elon Muck reckons it’s pronounced differently.

In a two-hour PowerfulJRE podcast released on Thursday, Elon Musk discusses with podcast host, Joe Rogan, about his newborn child. When asked about how to pronounce X Æ A-12’s name, Elon Musk laughs and credits his partner, Grimes, for the name, saying “she’s great at names”.

Musk then goes on to say: “I mean it’s just X, the letter X, and then the Æ is pronounced ‘ash’, and then A-12 is my contribution”. He says that the A-12 part is a tribute to Archangel 12, the precursor to the SR-71, the “coolest plane ever”, according to Musk.

Doesn’t look this poor baby is gonna be off to a good start if his parents can’t even agree on the pronunciation of his name, does it?

Musk goes on to say he thinks “it’s better being older and having a kid, I appreciate it more” and that “babies are awesome”. Then, in a classic Musk move, he starts discussing how he’s “spent a lot of time on AI and neural nets, so you can sort of see, the brain develop.”

“An AI neural net tries to simulate what the brain does basically and you can sort of see it learning, very quickly,” he continues.

He explains that a neural net is basically the same as a brain, and attempts to explain to the host how watching his child learn and watching an AI neural net is basically the same thing.

Yeah okay, Elon, whatever you say.