Breaking: Love Island has been cancelled tonight

The show will return on Monday

Love Island has been cancelled tonight following the death of ex-host Caroline Flack.

The show’s bosses have confirmed it will air again on Monday with tributes to Caroline. A statement read: “Many people at ITV knew Caroline well and held her in great affection. All of us are absolutely devastated at this tragic news. After careful consultation between Caroline’s representatives and the Love Island production team and given how close we still are to the news of Caroline’s tragic death we have decided not to broadcast tonight’s Love Island out of respect for Caroline’s family.

“Love Island will return tomorrow night which will include a tribute to Caroline who will be forever in our hearts.”

Caroline was found dead in her new flat in Stoke Newington, London, after a concerned friend rang an ambulance. A Met Police spokeswoman said: “Officers were made aware of concerns for welfare at a residential address in Stoke Newington at 2.31pm on Saturday.

“Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and found an unresponsive woman inside the address. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Next of kin are aware. The death is being treated as non-suspicious.”

Following her death Love Island spin-off show, Unseen Bits, was cancelled last night.

Love Island, cancelled, tonight, Caroline Flack

via Instagram @mrlewisburton

Her boyfriend, Lewis Burton, paid tribute to her today. He shared a post on Instagram and wrote beside a picture of them: “My heart is broken we had something so special. I am so lost for words I am in so much pain I miss you so much I know you felt safe with me you always said I don’t think about anything else when I am with you and I was not allowed to be there this time I kept asking and asking.”

“I will be your voice baby I promise I will ask all the questions you wanted and I will get all the answers nothing will bring you back but I will try make you proud everyday. I love you with all my heart.”