Image may contain: Hair, Woman, Face, Clothing, Apparel, Female, Human, Person

YouTuber accidentally uploads an unedited video of her ‘abusing’ her dog

She denies ‘being an animal abuser in any way’

A YouTuber who recorded a prank video on her dog called "Plastic wrap prank on my doberman", has accidentally uploaded unedited footage which shows her "abusing" her dog.

Brooke Hout, who has 340,000 subscribers, appears to be hitting, shoving, spitting and shouting at her dog in the video.

The original video has now been deleted from YouTube, but the footage spread quickly on Twitter:

*Warning: The footage from this video is disturbing*

After the video went viral, LAPD's Animal Cruelty Task Force released a statement. The police department told BuzzFeed News: "LAPD is aware of this incident. Animal Cruelty is looking into this, and there is an open investigation."

People were distressed and disturbed by the footage, especially because her doberman is the centre of her other videos.

Brooke released a statement on her Notes app following the online backlash. She denied any allegation of animal abuse against her and also denied spitting on her dog.

Brooke wrote: "I want to clarify that I am NOT a dog abuser or animal abuser in any way, shape or form," she stated. "Anyone who has witnessed or heard true animal abuse will be able to clearly see that."

She said the "uncut footage" was her being upset during filming and that she had been "playing up [her] mood in the video."

Brooke continued: "In my heart and from the words of the people that spend the most time with me, I know that I am a great dog mom," she wrote, describing all the ways she "spoil[s]" her doberman, like giving him treats and ordering him toys.

"This does not make my actions in the footage okay, but I'm just explaining what my day-to-day life is really like, whether you believe me or not."

People have been calling for Brooke Houts to be banned from YouTube.

A petition for YouTube to ban Brooke Houts from the platform has been signed by over 4,000 people.