Image may contain: Female, Blazer, Overcoat, Jacket, Coat, Person, Human, Accessories, Tie, Accessory, Clothing, Apparel

Meet the Cambridge grad who has been cast as Princess Diana on The Crown

Firstly, I’m extremely jealous

It’s a childhood dream of many to grow up and be a princess. But unfortunately for most that’s all it ever is, a dream. But not for this Cambridge grad, who’s just been cast to play Diana, the Princess of Wales, in The Crown season four!!! Meet Emma Corrin, the British actress who’s landed possibly the best job in the whole world.

The Crown season four arrives in November, and the role of Princess Diana will be introduced for season four. In the mean time, who is Emma Corrin? Here’s everything you need to know about her.

Emma Corrin went to Cambridge University

Image may contain: Emma Corrin, The Crown, Princess Diana, The Crown season 3, Princess of Wales, Instagram, actress, cast, The Crown season 4, Runway, Human, Person, Gown, Fashion, Evening Dress, Robe, Long Sleeve, Sleeve, Clothing, Apparel

via Instagram @emmalouisecorrin

Emma Corrin has had an education fit for royalty. She began her studies at an elite boarding school, Woldingham School for girls in Surrey. Fees here start at £12,000 a term. She then went on to study at St John’s College, where she had acting roles such as parts in Romeo and Juliet and Unravelling the Ribbon.

According to the agency Emma is signed to, Waring & McKenna, she was then trained at Cambridge University.

She’s been in other TV and film roles too

Emma Corrin might already be a familiar face to you, as The Crown won’t be her first TV role. Her most major TV role to date, before Princess Diana of course, was as Esther Carter in series four of Grantchester on ITV.

She has also been in films. She previously starred in the short film Alex’s Dream in 2018, and has an upcoming role as Jillian Jessup in the film Misbehaviour. This will see her star alongside Keeley Hawes and Keira Knightley!!

On accepting her role as Lady Diana Spencer in The Crown season four, Emma Corrin said: “I have been glued to the show and to think I’m now joining this incredibly talented acting family is surreal. Princess Diana was an icon and her effect on the world remains profound and inspiring.

“To explore her through Peter Morgan’s writing is the most exceptional opportunity and I will strive to do her justice!”

via Instagram @emmalouisecorrin

The British actress has been described as a ‘brilliant talent’

The Crown creator, Peter Morgan, said: “Emma is a brilliant talent who immediately captivated us when she came in for the part of Diana Spencer.

“As well as having the innocence and beauty of a young Diana, she also has, in abundance, the range and complexity to portray an extraordinary woman who went from anonymous teenager to becoming the most iconic woman of her generation.”

Image may contain: Emma Corrin, The Crown, Princess Diana, The Crown season 3, The Crown season 4, Instagram, news, updates, cast, age, university, Cambridge, Diana, Person, Human, Overcoat, Coat, Clothing, Apparel

via Instagram @emmalouisecorrin

As well as being an actress, she describes herself as a dog mum

Yes, she has a very very cute dog. In her Instagram bio she describes herself as “mum to @deliciouslyspencer“, which is an Insta account dedicated to her dog. She shares pictures of the adorable pup and her together – it’s worth a look.

via Instagram @emmalouisecorrin

When will Emma Corrin star in The Crown season four?

The Crown season four is being released on Netflix in November. We’ll see Diana’s journey to becoming Prince Charles’s wife, and and their so-called “fairytale” romance and wedding, before all this broke down. We’ll also explore Margret Thatcher’s (Gillian Anderson) relationship with the Queen, and the effect of her leadership on the country.

Season four of The Crown will be released on November 15th. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.