Forget Harry, Prince Philip was a DADDY back in the day

It’s illegal to be this hot

People may have been saying that Prince Philip looked like a living corpse at the Royal Wedding on Saturday, and you know what, that's just really, very unkind.

The man is 96 years old. He's just had a hip replacement and actually, you'll be surprised to know he was really fit back in the day.

Sure, it's a little hard to imagine someone nearly a century old looking good now, but look 50 or 60 years back and you'll realise that the Queen married an absolute spice.

You just know that if Philip was at uni today, he'd be the charming, first team cricket guy running all the socials and getting all the girls on Wednesday nights. He would almost certainly be the President of PPE society, win the BNOC competition at his uni, whilst maintaining a solid 2:1. Philip would probably break a few hearts as well, before he settled down and found his queen.

Where's the evidence to all of this, you say? Well here are pictures that prove Prince Philip was once a DADDY, even if it was a very long time ago:

Image may contain: Performer, Mime, Clown, Wedding, Bride, Person, People, Human

Image may contain: Newborn, Kid, Child, Baby, Person, People, Human

Couple goals🇬🇧💙🎩

A post shared by darling vintage (@olddarling) on

Image may contain: Portrait, Face, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Person, People, Human

Image may contain: Officer, Military Uniform, Military, Person, People, Human

Some things indeed never change. Albeit The Queen's persona is quite controversial, loved and despised at the same time, historically speaking, none can deny that Her Majesty is legendary. But why does The Queen have two birthdays? According to the BBC, the tradition of celebrating two birthdays started in 1748. King George II was born in November, but decided he wanted to have good weather on his birthday, which is totally relatable. So to solve the problem, the King decided to start celebrating his birthday every summer, by throwing an annual military parade, as well as honoring his actual birthday in November. As TIME reports, "Since then, the second Saturday of June has become the usual date of the British monarch’s official birthday." But Queen Elizabeth's actual birthday is April 21, marking the day she was born in 1926. Elizabeth II and her husband, Prince Philip Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh have recently celebrated their platinum wedding anniversary, in November 2017.

A post shared by in the name of culture & rock (@virgosabbath) on

Image may contain: Face, Person, People, HumanImage may contain: Portrait, Person, Human, Face