The music you should listen to during revision to improve concentration levels by as much as 400 per cent

Seems reasonable

It’s possible to reduce distractions while working by up to four times – all from listening to a specific combination of sounds. The science based focus music is used by employees at Google, Apple, Tesla, Microsoft and Space X. If it’s good enough for the oddities of Silicon Valley it’s probably good enough for your English Lit essay.

A survey of 1,000 people revealed that 16-29 year-olds are the least focused, losing concentration on average 14 times a day. As well, it’s hardly surprising that 79 per cent of us blamed social media – our Tinder game is, generally, pure fire. It’s a no brainer then. Listen to a smooth blend of string overtures and electronica and block out the matches.

The streamlined music takes direct inspiration from Albert Einstein, who attributed much of his success to listening to Bach and playing his own violin. In fact he cited it as his most important brainstorming tool. The CEO and founder of focus@will, the company behind the music, Will Henshall said: “It’s a unique channel of scientifically streamlined music that has been directly inspired by Einstein’s favourite violin performances and his methods of playing his violin every day to enter a creative flow state.”

“Einstein’s Genius” is a new hybrid music genre that combines elements of specially recorded baroque string quartet arrangements with electronic dance music and synth sequences, and experts claim it represents the perfect formula to aid focus and cognitive mood. Will Henshall explains: “It has been formulated using modern sound engineering methods to mix Einstein’s choice of baroque violin music with strategic and scientific drums, pulses and movements, all scientifically proven to induce longer states of flow, thanks to five years of research with over 1.5 million users.”

Science supports the assertion that the genre can help with concentration. Cognitive neuroscientist Julia Mossbridge has found that streamlined music significantly outperforms plain music on measures of perceived focus, task persistence, precognition, and creative thinking, with borderline effects on mood. Concluding that “streamlined music can have a beneficial impact on cognition without any obvious costs, for individuals who enjoy using it as a focus tool.”

So give it a listen.

• Focus@Will composed music inspired by National Geographic’s new drama Genius starts Sunday at 9pm