Man stabbed while sat in his car outside Bargain Booze

It happened on Ilkeston Road

Police were called to Bargain Booze on Ilkeston Road yesterday, after a 21-year-old man was stabbed whilst sat in his car outside.

The attack occurred at 5pm on Tuesday evening, just a stones throw away from popular student roads Albert Grove and Balfour Road.

13181191_10209211193822764_592073597_n

The assault was believed to have been carried out by two men, who were seen fleeing the scene in a black vehicle. The victim, who has not yet been named, received injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening to his leg and hands.

Speaking to The Nottingham Post following the attack, a 20-year-old Nottingham Trent student Aaron Dade, of neighbouring Albert Grove, said: “There were so many police officers around and a lot of commotion.

“I came back from university and saw them all. Then I saw them take away a car which had its window smashed. There was blood on the pavement but it has now been cleared up.”

The police are urging anyone who witnessed the incident, saw a black car leaving the scene or anyone who has any information to call them on 101, quoting incident number 600 of May 10, 2016.