Man stabbed while sat in his car outside Bargain Booze

It happened on Ilkeston Road

Police were called to Bargain Booze on Ilkeston Road yesterday, after a 21-year-old man was stabbed whilst sat in his car outside.

The attack occurred at 5pm on Tuesday evening, just a stones throw away from popular student roads Albert Grove and Balfour Road.

The assault was believed to have been carried out by two men, who were seen fleeing the scene in a black vehicle. The victim, who has not yet been named, received injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening to his leg and hands.

Speaking to The Nottingham Post following the attack, a 20-year-old Nottingham Trent student Aaron Dade, of neighbouring Albert Grove, said: “There were so many police officers around and a lot of commotion.

“I came back from university and saw them all. Then I saw them take away a car which had its window smashed. There was blood on the pavement but it has now been cleared up.”

The police are urging anyone who witnessed the incident, saw a black car leaving the scene or anyone who has any information to call them on 101, quoting incident number 600 of May 10, 2016.