Lincoln student died in first term of university from alcohol toxicity, inquest hears

Alfie Head died on November 14th

An inquest opening at Lincoln Coroner’s Court determined that 18-year-old Alfie Head died as a result of acute alcohol toxicity.

Alfie died on Tuesday the 14th of November after being rushed to the ICU, with an inquest since determining this to be related to alcohol intake.

No further details regarding the circumstances of his death were given at this time and the inquest has been adjourned until May of next year, BBC News reports.

Alfie started his studies at the University of Lincoln in September of this year, where his parents described him as having “the time of his life.”

In a touching tribute on Facebook, Alfie’s father described his son as being “the happiest we’ve ever seen him at Lincoln University and was having the time of his life.”

Hundreds of friends paid tribute to an “amazing person” through comments, with around 300 comments being left on Mr Head’s Facebook post, offering their “deepest condolences.”

The university expressed its condolences in a statement on Alfie’s death and is offering support to those affected.

“The university and Lincoln Students Union are deeply saddened to hear that Alfie has passed away. The sincere condolences of the University of Lincoln community go to all of his family and friends. The university and Lincoln Students’ Union is supporting anybody affected by the news at this incredibly sad time.”

If you or someone you know is affected by this news, support is available at the university by contacting the University Wellbeing team at [email protected].

Related articles recommended by this author: