King’s College London ranks 27th in the Times and Sunday Times’ Good University Guide

KCL drops from 26th despite remaining a world-leading research university

King’s College London has ranked 27th best university in the UK in The Times’ Good University Guide published today.

Despite this being a drop by one place from last year (University of East Anglia swapping places with KCL in the rankings), King’s College London retains its position as the fourth best university in London.

The university achieved 69.6 per cent, 66.3 per cent and 64.2 per cent for teaching quality, student experience and research quality respectively, which puts King’s as the eight best university for research according to their research quality index. This comes after 55.1 per cent of the work submitted by the university to the Research Excellence Framework was deemed to be world-leading.

As a leading university, especially in research, King’s College London will be hoping to improve on their slight slump down the rankings for next year’s Good University Guide to be published by the Times and Sunday Times.

You can find out more details about KCL’s ranking on the Sunday Times website, or alternatively, you can click here.

Related articles recommended by this writer: