Bride and groom let Cardiff Met students plan their wedding day

The students were in charge of over 350 guests

A Welsh bride put the fate of her wedding in the hands of students from Cardiff Metropolitan University last month when she let them organise her day.

Ceris Palser, a Careers Team Manager at Cardiff Met, enlisted the help of events management students at her university to plan and co-ordinate her special day at Llandaff Cathedral. This included sourcing suppliers, setting budgets, liaising with venues, and drafting event plans. 

She explained that the idea came after speaking to students within her university who had expressed their interest in going into the wedding planning field but had struggled to find relevant work experience for it. They had asked her if she would be willing to let them have any involvement in the planning of her big day, to which she agreed and passed over all responsibilities to them. 

Ceris has been with her now husband, Mark, for over 21 years since meeting him on their first day of university in 2002. They celebrated their new marriage with over 350 guests at the reception in Insole Court. 

Speaking on her experience, Ceris said: “The students executed the event with precision and passion, with guests saying it was the best wedding they had ever attended. My eternal gratitude goes to our fantastic students, I look forward to following their future careers and have no doubt they will make great event managers.”

Events management student Cerian Swain, was one of the individuals involved in the planning. She said: “What a whirlwind of excitement and challenges having the incredible opportunity to coordinate Ceris’s wedding.

“It was undeniably one of the most demanding events I’ve worked on, but the rewards were immeasurable. From the early hours of the morning until the late-night last dance, I was immersed in every aspect of the wedding.

“To Ceris and her new spouse, your love story inspired us all – thank you for entrusting me with the coordination of your special day.”