Cardiff Uni ranks in top 30 for second year running in The Times Good Uni Guide

The quality of teaching at Cardiff University was ranked at 73 per cent overall

Cardiff University has ranked in the top 30 of UK universities in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide.

The only Russell Group university in Wales ranked 25th for the second year running with 709/1000 points.

It placed between University of Leeds in 24th and University of East Anglia in 26th.

Cardiff’s teaching quality was rated 73 per cent. The rankings also dove deeper into students satisfaction with the teaching quality and found that electrical and electronic engineering students were the most satisfied with a 84.4 per cent satisfaction rate. The least satisfied course was economics with a 58.3 percent satisfaction.

Other relevant scores include:

• Student experience 70.1 per cent
  • Research quality 56.7 per cent
  • 81 per cent of student get 1st and 2:1s
  • 96 per cent of students continue into second year
  • 78.1 per cent of students are state school admissions
  • 19 per cent are ethnic miniortuy students
  • Average graduate salary is £26,500
  • Rent is £113-157 a week

The Times noted that Cardiff had “glowing results” in the Research Excellence Framework 2021, with 90 per cent of Cardiff University’s submissions being ranked “world-leading or internationally excellent”. 

Top subjects at Cardiff are: Philosophy, communication and media studies, education, and architecture.

It is also stated Cardiff is investing £5.4 million in research topics including net zero, neuroscience, mental health and digital transformation.

Posho ranking: These are the universities with the most private school students in 2023

More Welsh A-level students accepted into first-choice unis than other UK nations

The Prince Of Wales Spoons is closing temporarily for refurbishment