Swansea University set to reopen campus night club after £1 million refurb

Praying they bring back the two for £2 drinks deal

Swansea University will be reopening their Student Union nightclub in the coming months after a £1 million refurb.

Swansea University’s Singleton campus is home to Rebound infamous for Tooters on Friday nights which boasted cheap entry and two drinks for £2 deals. The cheap drinks and immaculate vibes were enjoyed by thousands of students across Swansea until its closure in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

However, Swansea students rejoice as the Students’ Union has announced that Rebound will reopening following the £1 million investment. The new and improved nightclub is set to undergo refurbishment in the summer months with the SU saying that it hopes the club will be ready for Freshers’ Week 2023.

The new or re-established venue hopes to reclaim its status as a great late-night venue, catering to students wants to dance the night away whilst sipping great value drinks. It also plans to host events and live music performances and provide a space where students can enjoy events in the daytime as well as the night. The venue will also be made available for students to book out and use for events of their own. Furthermore, the venue will work as a space for the Students’ Union to hold client-based events and exhibitions. The multi-use purpose of this newly refurbished space is what led to the successful application for refurbishment and the money will be put towards a complete upgrade of the venue.

A spokesperson for Swansea University released a statement saying: “Following some outstanding work from your Full-Time Officer Team, led by Esyllt Rosser (President) and Gwern Dafis (Societies and Services Officer), we have huge news to announce.

“Many of you will be aware of the fact that our Students’ Union nightclub which held hugely popular nights, such as the infamous Tooters, has been closed for some time now. Whether you experienced the venue first-hand or have heard tales of the legend of a Friday night Toot on campus, its presence has been sorely missed. Now, thanks to you, our students, and the efforts of Esyllt and Gwern in making sure YOUR voices are heard, we’re happy to announce your SU is working closely with the University Estates team to support a capital investment of over one million pounds.

“This investment will completely refurbish the venue and create a reinvigorated and exciting multi-purpose space that can be used by our students, business partners, stakeholders, and wider community, and one which raises the profile of both the Students’ Union and University. The Students’ Union vision for the new venue is that it will be designed, managed and operated to provide an exceptional new space on campus that can engage the student community by holding a wide variety of events and activities, including those that require specialist technical production.”

They also promised graduates that they will host a Tooters reunion event which will be solely for graduating students and alumni. This night will be a free entry event and give past students a chance to visit the new space and reminisce on past nights spent in Rebound.