Group appealing for help from Banksy to find missing student Jack O’Sullivan

The Facebook group members hope Banksy’s art could aid in the ongoing search for the missing student

A group set up to help find missing Jack O’Sullivan is appealing for help from Banksy after his disappearance reaches the six-month mark.

The 23-year-old was last seen at 3:15am on Saturday 2nd March after a night out in Bristol, in the area of Brunel Lock Road/Brunel Way.

Since his disappearance, a Facebook group “Find Jack” was set up and now contains 60k members.

People part of this group have asked if Banksy, who is originally from Bristol, could aid their search.

It started as one member posted: “Is there anybody that does graffiti in Bristol that can do a FINDJACK? x”

As another replied: “Could Banksy help… just a thought. X”

The artist’s fame became a promising idea, as one said: “People always take notice more of a BANKSY – I’m wracking my brain daily with things that could be done to help as we all are x”

Another contributor added: ”Wow that’s a brilliant thought……”

Jack vanished without a trace after a night out with his friends. His description is white, 5ft 10ins tall, with a slim build and short brown hair.

CCTV showing the last confirmed sighting of Jack O’Sullivan, via SWNS

At the time of his disappearance, he was said to be wearing a quilted green/brown Barbour jacket, a beige woollen jumper, navy chinos and brown leather trainers with white soles.

Strava users are also being urged to check their app data to help in the search for missing student, as well as hundreds of taxi drivers being interviewed, and hours of CCTV footage reviewed.

Despite these efforts, no traces have been found and the case remains ongoing.

His family previously made a formal complaint about the police force’s attempts to find him. They said they had ”lost all faith” in Avon and Somerset Police’s investigation.

They say that errors were made in early searches and crucial CCTV footage was initially missed.

His parents, Catherine and Alan, have decided on a £20,000 reward for information leading to the discovery of Jack is needed to help spark new leads and reignite the search efforts.

A GoFundMe fundraising page was set up by a family friend of Jack’s, to raise money to generate new leads earlier this month.

Video shows final route of missing student Jack O’Sullivan before his disappearance

Man killed after wall surrounding University of Bristol student accommodation collapses

Family of missing student Jack O’Sullivan offer £20k reward for information to aid the search

Featured image via SWNS