Jonathan MAFS Australia

Boats and boys’ trips: Inside Jonathan’s vanilla life when he’s not filming MAFS Australia

This guy loves fishing a little too much

Let’s be honest, Jonathan McCullough has slightly been pegged as the boring contestant of this MAFS Australia cohort. Compared to his partner, Lauren Dunn, his wholesome energy legitimately makes him look like Gwyneth Paltrow. Very nice, very emotionless, very calm— potentially may get eaten alive.

Anyway, in case you’re curious about what Jonathan’s life is like when he’s not risking life and limb surviving reality TV, here’s all you need to know about his off-screen vibe:

He’s a health business owner and spends a lot of time outdoors

As you might expect from Jonathan’s all-round wholesome energy, he spends a lot of time outdoors – walking, fishing, etc – in his free time. This checks out because Jonathan owns a health business selling supplements called Buoya Vital. Before that, he was also a concreter, financial advisor and an infantry soldier. That’s one hell of a LinkedIn profile.

He’s always off on amazing holidays which usually involve fishing

Jonathan seems to have that classic guy thing where he’s big into an activity holiday rather than chilling out and tanning, which would make sense seeing as he visited more than 50 countries in the space of 15 months. Madness.

His Insta posts have him doing everything from driving boats in the Whitsunday islands to catching and slicing up sashimi for dinner in Colombia. Apparently, in his travelling days he used to “hunt down” food to survive. What in the Bear Grylls is going on?

He’s got a big guy group of mates but still radiates girly pop energy at cocktail hour

Jonathan is always posting loads of pics having pints with a big guys group, who also get involved on boat days out when the weather is warm. But this doesn’t stop him whacking on a floral shirt and getting involved with happy hour. Maybe him and Lauren will vibe after all?

Jonathan’s always posting on Instagram and has 7k followers so far

If you want to see more of Jonathan’s life, you can follow him @jono.mccullough – expect more fishing pictures, Perth pictures and brunch dates in Bondi.

For all the latest MAFS Australia 2024 news and gossip like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.