Love Island stars Paige and Finn talk about split ahead of Ex on the Beach

‘We’re never getting back together’: Paige and Finn finally speak out about their split

Paige says people who think the breakup was fake are ‘delusional’

After three years spent together, Love Island 2020 stars Paige Turley and Finn Tapp announced they had split up. But now, ahead of appearing on Ex on the Beach together, they’ve finally spoken out about what happened, and the possibility of getting back together.

The pair met on the first winter series of the show in 2020, and were crowned winners in the South Africa villa. In April 2023 news emerged of their breakup, and according to reports they realised they “weren’t forever” and Paige had moved out of the flat they shared together.

A source told The Sun at the time: “Paige and Finn had a really good run, but they are still super young and decided it wasn’t forever in the end. Paige is spending some time back in Scotland while she works out what she wants to do next.”

Then, the couple went silent and didn’t speak out to confirm any of the reports. However now they have, as they’re set to appear on our screens together again.

Speaking to The Sun, Paige had a lot to say about people commenting on them faking their split just to get on another show. She said: “I think they’re delusional. Why would you move out of a flat, move cities? It’s pretty drastic to just go on a TV show. I can make money other ways.”

Speaking about seeing each other since the breakup, she continued: “We hadn’t actually seen each other since the last time we packed up the flat and left. So it was more difficult that we anticipated. When we were on the beach it was fine but when we got into the villa, there was that realisation that we were going to be living together again.

“I’m glad I got the closure and that’s why I’m pretty thankful for the show because we would never had really been in each other’s company or have that time to be in each other’s company.”

Finn added: “There is somewhat of a journey or progression in terms of how comfortable we are around each other because at the start we didn’t know how to act. We hadn’t seen each other for however long but we do get to a point at the end, don’t get me wrong – there are plenty of highs and lows.”

Ex on the Beach starts on MTV on Tuesday 19th March, but unfortunately for fans who thought they might rekindle on the show, the couple have said they don’t… and won’t ever. Savage.

Finn said: “No, we’re not back together. I’m single not dating. I didn’t find any romantic connections. Me and Chloe [Veitch, who also appears on Ex on the Beach], nothing progressed after two or three days, it was very short lived.”

Paige added: “I’m also single and not dating. I went in and sailed through with the girls to be honest. There was someone but it was only a date.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.