Oscars

Falls, fails and partying: The biggest Oscars 2024 moments you didn’t see on TV

Martin Scorsese was bored out of his mind

Last night’s 96th Academy Awards were, as per usual, full of TV moment chaos moments: Emma Stone allegedly swearing at Jimmy Kimmel, Ryan Gosling belting out I’m Just Ken and John Cena walking on stage butt naked to present the Oscar for Best Costume design to name a few. But that was just what was broadcast. Turns out way more Oscars gossip and glamour went down off camera, too.

So, in case you’re intrigued by the biggest off-screen Oscars moments from Hollywood’s favourite awards season ceremony of the year, here’s everything you need to know about what went down inside Los Angeles’ infamous Dolby Theatre when ITV weren’t looking:

Liza Koshy falling over on the red carpet and all the paparazzi going ‘ooooh’

Emma Stone nearly missed Poor Things get an Oscar and had to start running for her life

The behind the scenes magic of how John Cena quickly got covered in a curtain before the Costume Design award

Martin Scorsese being so over the ceremony that he fell fast asleep in the middle

Greta Gerwig absolutely losing it in the front row during Ryan Gosling’s I’m Just Ken performance

Martin Scorsese comforting and hugging Lily Gladstone after she didn’t win Best Actress

Emma grabbing Cillian Murphy by the shoulders to congratulate him on winning Best Actor

Cillian and his wife Yvonne celebrating his huge win together with a massive round of applause

Emma Stone getting sewn back into her gown after it burst open during I’m Just Ken

@varietymagazine

Emma Stone on her dress malfunction at the #Oscars : “They sewed me back in! I genuinely do think I busted it during ‘I’m Just Ken.’ I was so amazed by Ryan [Gosling] and what he was doing, and that number just blew my mind.”

♬ original sound – Variety

Carey Mulligan being carried down the hallway by her husband Marcus Mumford/Ken