Ryan Gosling Oscars I'm Just Ken

Standout moments from Ryan Gosling’s Oscar performance, ranked by how much Kenergy they had

I may never recover from this

Other than the attendance of Messi the dog from Anatomy of a Fall and Liza Koshy’s fall on the red carpet, the 96th Academy Awards had been so far so boring until Ryan Gosling nestled beneath a black cow boy hat in preparation for his performance of his Oscar-nominated song I’m Just Ken from Greta Gerwig’s Barbie.

You knew it was going to be good when Billie Eilish behind him and Margot Robbie in front of him immediately started dying with laughter before he’d even got through the first verse. To summarise, there were 65 Kens dancing, two guitar legends playing, vocals we haven’t heard as pop tuned since Ryan’s days on Mickey Mouse Club and an extremely passionate cameo from Emma Stone.

So, in honour of the best moment of the 2024 Oscar’s ceremony, here’s every standout moment from Ryan Gosling’s I’m Just Ken Academy Awards performance, ranked by just how much Kenergy they had:

10. Margot Robbie and Billie Eilish absolutely losing it before he’d even started

Ryan Gosling Oscars Im Just Ken

9. Punching Mark Ronson in the face then laughing to himself about it

Ryan Gosling Oscars Im Just Ken

8. The flawless karate chops

Ryan Gosling Oscars Im Just Ken

7. Being crowd surfed amongst Barbie heads and grinning to himself in the air

Ryan Gosling Oscars Im Just Ken

6. Slash suddenly popping up for the performance of a lifetime

Ryan Gosling Oscars Im Just Ken

5. Greta Gerwig screaming “and I’m great at doing stuff” with Margot Robbie and America Ferrera

Ryan Gosling Oscars Im Just Ken

4. Emma Stone yelling “and so am I” in the La La Land reunion we’ve all been waiting for

Ryan Gosling Oscars Im Just Ken

3. Kissing the camera man’s hand and guiding him up the stairs

Ryan Gosling Oscars Im Just Ken

2. Flashing his ‘E’ Eva Mendes necklace to the cameras in tribute to his wife

Ryan Gosling Oscars Im Just Ken

1. Big hug, jazz hands, and firework finish

Ryan Gosling Oscars Im Just Ken

So, where can I watch Ryan Gosling’s I’m Just Ken Oscars performance in full?

You can see the entire spectacle in all its glory right here:

@7plus

It’s giving Kenergy 💖 Stream the #Oscars live and exclusive on 7plus now ⭐️ #barbie #ryangosling #imjustken #margotrobbie #oscars2024

♬ original sound – 7plus