ballad of songbirds & snakes love lives

A look inside the off-screen love lives of the iconic The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes cast

As if Rachel Zegler and Josh Andrés Rivera are dating in real life??

With the prequel film of The Hunger Games franchise being released TODAY and a solid fan base already formed, all everybody wants to know about is the love lives of The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes cast and whether heartthrob Tom Blyth is single. Spoiler alert: He isn’t.

With The Hunger Games having such a cult following and this new movie so hotly anticipated it’s only natural that fans are to have such a strong interest in the actors in real life as well. A lot of the actors are all still quite young so don’t have a long dating history but here’s a deep dive into the love lives of the The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes cast:

Tom Blyth – Coriolanus Snow

Relationship status: Unconfirmed relationship

Tom Blyth plays the young President Snow in Songbirds & Snakes and whilst Snow goes on to be the Hunger Games number one villain, in the new film he is very much a heartthrob. Although the film is only out today, Tom already has quite the fan base brimming but unfortunately for them it appears that the English actor is not currently single although he has not directly confirmed it.

Speaking in an interview with Cowboys & Indians in early 2022, about his role in the movie Billy the Kid, he said: “I was living with my girlfriend at the time in this little cabin in the woods.”

While Tom has kept his Instagram primarily about his acting roles, on Valentine’s Day 2023, he shared a black and white film photo of who fans believe to be his girlfriend posed in front of a wall with the graffiti “I love you babe.”

Rachel Zegler – Lucy Gray Baird

Relationship status: In a relationship

Rachel Zegler, Songbirds & Snakes protagonist, is in a relationship with her costar Josh Andrés Rivera and they are absolutely adorable together being sharing the screen in The Hunger Games prequel, they met when they worked alongside each other on the set of the 2021 remake of West Side Story.

Before they confirmed their relationship, fans were speculating whether the pair were an item as in the February of 2021, 10 months before the film was released, Rachel tweeted: “I love josh andres rivera.” Rachel then confirmed their romance with an Instagram post in December of that year which showed photos of the couple with the caption: “felt great big love i have never felt before.”

Josh Andrés Rivera – Sejanus Plinth

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by rachel zegler (@rachelzegler)

Relationship status: In a relationship

Josh Andrés Rivera and Rachel Zegler have just celebrated their second anniversary and if you’ve ever seen two people absolutely and unarguably made for each other – it’s them. Despite haing been together for two years now, Josh is determined to not let the romance die as made evident in a behind the scenes clip from Songbirds & Snakes shared by Lionsgate where Josh is seen slipping a love note to one of the hair and makeup crew members, who then hands it to Rachel.

Rachel then opens it and bursts into laughter, whilst co-star Ashley Liao, who plays Clemensia Dovecote says, “I don’t think we can show you this!”

Hunter Schafer – Tigris Snow

Relationship status: Single

Whilst Hunter Schafer is now single she did famously date her Euphoria co-star Dominic Fike. Dominic and Hunter met in 2021 on the set of the second series of Euphoria. In January of the following year the pair started romance rumours when they walked the red carpet holding hands. They then confirmed their relationship a month later on Instagram a month later with a photo of them kissing. However after more than a year of dating, Dominic confirmed to the Los Angeles Times in July 2023 that he and Hunter had broken up. It does not appear that Hunter has dated anyone else since.

Jason Schwartzman – Lucretius ‘Lucky’ Flickerman

Relationship status: Married

Jason Schwartzman married his long-term partner Brady Cunningham in 2009 and they have two daughters together.

Viola Davis – Dr. Volumnia Gaul

Relationship status: Married

Queen Viola has been married to Julius Tennon since 2003 and they have one daughter together who they adopted, called Genesis. Viola is also a stepmother to Julius’ two children from previous relationships. Despite over two decades together, the pair seem to be very much so still in love with Viola calling Julius on her Instagram: “The light of my life and a beacon of hope to many.”

Peter Dinklage – Casca Highbottom

ballad of songbirds & snakes love lives

via JASON SZENES/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock

Relationship status: Married

Of Game of Thrones fame, Peter has been married to theatre director Erica Schimdt since 2005. They have a son and a daughter together.

Ashley Liao – Clemensia Dovecote

Relationship status: Single

22-year-old Ashley Liao who plays Clemesia Dovecote in The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes appears to currently be single and hasn’t been romantically linked anyone.

For all the latest film and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook

I watched The Hunger Games franchise for the first time in 2023 and guys it’s so mid

I volunteer as tribute! Here is a definitive ranking of every Hunger Games movie

How well do you remember these iconic The Hunger Games quotes? Take this quiz to find out

Featured images via @violadavis and @rachelzegler on Instagram.