If the Gilmore Girls characters went to Russell Group unis this is where they’d go

Kirk would break a record for going to every single uni in the country at once

Everyone is fully back in their cosy Gilmore Girls era now it’s finally Autumn and I’m SO here for it. But it’s also the time of year when Rory, Logan and Paris all head back to college in the show.

Obviously, Rory got herself peer-pressured into going to Yale by her Grandparents after she literally had Harvard posters plastered over her bedroom since she was born but where would she go if she went to a UK uni? And Lorelai always goes on about never getting to go to college herself so what Russell Group uni would she belong at? Meanwhile, with his hundreds of jobs on the show, Kirk would make it his absolute mission to go to every single Russell Group uni and end up with 24 degrees by the end of it.

This is what Russell Group uni all the Gilmore Girls characters would go to:

Rory – Exeter

Via Netflix

Of COURSE the most annoying character in the show would fit right in with the girlies at Exeter. She’d be the kind of posh student that pretends she’s working class and lives in garms she found in a charity shop but tries to hide the fact that she’s loaded and her grandparents are literally naming a uni building in her honour. She’d live in the library at uni but also spend entire summers finding herself in Thailand and won’t stop going on about it to randomers in seminars. Her room would be covered in fairy lights and Polaroid pics.

Lorelai – Leeds

Via Netflix

If Lorelai Gilmore went to a Russell Group uni, she would absolutely fit right in at Leeds. If she didn’t study some sort of hotel management course she’d study something else vibey like fashion marketing and have loads of LeedsFess posts written about her cool library fits. Lorelai would 100 per cent deck out the basement of her slightly creepy Hyde Park student house to the max and would always throw the best house parties.

Paris – Cambridge

Gilmore Girls uni

Via Netflix

Probably the most obvious one on the list, Paris would absolutely go to Cambridge. She’d go to one of the boujee colleges like Trinity or King’s and study medicine, be Editor-in-Chief of all the student newspapers as well as president of the Cambridge Union and terrify literally everyone else on the committee. Like most Cambridge students, Paris will stress out over work 24/7 and freak everyone out when she has 12 job offers waiting for her after uni.

Logan – Oxford

Gilmore Girls uni

Via Netflix

You cannot tell me that Logan doesn’t belong anywhere but Oxford. He is the EPITOME of the privileged and stuck up Oxford stereotype who probably only got in because his dad plays golf with the Vice-Chancellor. He’d be living it up at his college’s very own chalet and probably study something annoying like PPE. A massive part of his Yale life in the show is him being part of the Life and Death Brigade secret society so you can BET he is part of a secret society at Oxford. Let’s be honest, he’d love running initiations for all the silly freshers.

Jess – Edinburgh

Gilmore Girls uni

Via Netflix

Now Jess would probably think he’s too intellectual and above going to uni but if he had to go somewhere he’d absolutely be at Edinburgh. He’d study creative writing but probably never show up to any of his seminars because he’s too elusive and mysterious. He’d eventually drop out and not tell anyone and just go to work in a bookshop/record store where he would start writing his own book that he’ll take to some Edi-based indie publisher.

Lane – Liverpool

Via Netflix

Lane would take one look at the music scene in Liverpool and have her UCAS form filled out, bags packed and sneak out to study in Liverpool, whilst pretending to her mum she’s at some religious school. She’d obviously start a band at uni and pester the bouncers at The Cavern Club every single day until they let them play a gig there. She’d also love a night out at Heebie Jeebies and camp out on the indie floor.

Luke – Manchester

Gilmore Girls uni

Via Netflix

So obviously Luke loves his dinner and has never moved out of Stars Hollow, so he’d definitely go to a uni close to home. He’d fit in with the edgy Manchester students who are super low-key and off the grid because, of course he’s very anti-phone and technology. So he’d do all his lecture and seminar reading with actual books and take notes by hand. He’d probably make loads of mates because he’d be constantly cooking and making coffee for them. He’d study something like engineering though and would secretly love a Manny night out with Oasis on loop. His flannel shirts would fit right in there.

Sookie – Glasgow

Gilmore Girls uni

Via Netflix

So upon some research, The University of Glasgow is the best uni in the UK for food tech so Sookie would be straight there and dragging Jackson along with her. She’d get a part-time job in some fancy Michelin Star restaurant in her spare time and be the absolute best in her class. She’d be super popular and have a massive girly group of friends. I can also see her being involved in some niche society like knitting or the Disney society.

Dean – Lancaster

Via Netflix

So not technically Russell Group but we honestly just needed a bit of a dead uni for Dean and Lancaster fit the bill. He wouldn’t be cut out for a big city life so a uni where literally nothing is going on is perfect. He’d get a girlfriend at uni but then break up with her when he realises that she’s not just gonna stay at home and cook for him all the time. I’d also imagine him to be a bit of a devil’s advocate seminar kind of guy that everyone hates.

Kirk – Literally everywhere

Gilmore Girls uni

Via Netflix

And for Kirk? Literally all of the above. He’d definitely break some kind of record for going to a Freshers’ Week at every single Russell Group uni and having 24 degrees on the go at once. Apparently on the show Kirk worked “over 15,000 jobs” in 11-years so I think he’d manage having a degree from every uni and of course he’d keep living at his mum’s house while he’s at uni to help him with the insane amounts of debt he’ll be in.

Gilmore Girls is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.