Scott Love Island Ofcom

Love Island hit with 1,000 Ofcom complaints about ‘alleged bullying’ towards Scott

Viewers were fuming following movie night

Ofcom has received 957 complaints following the Love Island movie night episode which saw Scott and Leah clash over a clip shown to the villa.

The broadcasting regulator previously received over 400 complaints following Molly Marsh’s return to the show as a Casa Amor Islanders.

“Love Island, 9 July 2023, 957 complaints: The majority of the complaints related to alleged bullying towards Scott from the other Islanders,” a spokesperson for Ofcom said.

via ITV

“Love Island, 30 June 2023, 92 complaints: Complaints related to contestant Molly Marsh being reintroduced to Casa Amor having been eliminated from the programme the previous week.

“This appeared in last week’s report and the total number of complaints on this issue is now 466.”

The complaints come after explosive movie night where things became heated between Islanders, specifically Scott and Leah. During the scene, Leah told Scott that the reason he didn’t recouple after Casa Amor was because none of the girls wanted him.

Viewers were not best pleased following the scenes, with one saying: “Ofcom worthy clip, this is disgusting and the fact Leah wanted an apology after?”

“Me right now sending in my complaint to Ofcom about how sh*t Scott is being treated by those girls,” another wrote on Twitter.

All of the Islanders go through “extensive” video training and guidance before joining the show which covers “inclusive language around disability, sexuality, race and ethnicity, behaviours and microaggressions.”

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.